Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412262 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7275 on: August 23, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »
Wow, JFKimberly, I can't believe your husband ordered wings. Wow. That will never happen in my lifetime with my husband. Messy food, no way. 

Happy Friday!

1.) Week seems to have flown for a change. Funny, schools are back ,so the gym was overflowing with people again this week. It's like people have had a summer of indulgence, but are back to it now.   It will quiet down again soon. I've made some good progress myself with the gym this week, been working hard on a goal, and I made a marked step towards it this week.   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.) Beer brewing this weekend. Have had a busy summer myself, so haven't had time, but now, it's due. [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=smart.gif]

3.) Friend is having a charity tipsy tea party tomorrow, hopefully not too messy.   [smiley=mad.gif]

4.) Need to practise some music. My wee acoustic band has taken a summer break, but now we're back to it.  Need to get my chops together. [smiley=guitarist.gif]

5.) Hopefully a bit of garden tidying as well this weekend. Weather looks decent (19C) and not too rainy.  [smiley=daisy.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7276 on: August 23, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
Wow, JFKimberly, I can't believe your husband ordered wings. Wow. That will never happen in my lifetime with my husband. Messy food, no way. 

I know!  I am still in shock!  And then the b@stard was tidier than I was while eating them!  I'm the wing pro, not him!  MEEEEEE!

Congrats on your gym goal!  Please tell me what a tipsy tea party is.  It sounds like something I'd enjoy, if you leave out the tea.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #7277 on: August 23, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
A tispy tea party is basically a tea party, (so sandwiches, cakes, scones, etc)  but instead of tea/coffee, you fill your tea cups and mugs with a tipple of your choice.   ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7278 on: August 23, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »
A tispy tea party is basically a tea party, (so sandwiches, cakes, scones, etc)  but instead of tea/coffee, you fill your tea cups and mugs with a tipple of your choice.   ;D

Yup, it's official.  I like tipsy tea parties.  :)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #7279 on: August 23, 2019, 02:49:10 PM »
1.  One of my work friends is leaving the bank after 13 years to become a firefighter!  I thought today was her last day, so I went through with a card and flowers only to find out that her last day is NEXT Friday!  Ooops. :-[

2.  My man is coming up to my flat tonight with kebabs!  He's been away all week and says he missed us (me and the hound).

3.  I am rejoicing over the discovery that a 'frenemy' has deleted me from Facebook!  I am so relieved, because it's hard work trying to be cordial and pretend that you like someone who is so annoying and trouble-stirring.

4.  a boss from over the road has stepped in to look after my team at work while our boss is on holiday.  He is very, very pretty and looks like he should be in a boy band.

5.  Got to stop buying bread.  When I buy it, I eat it, and I need to stop eating it.  [smiley=dead.gif]

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7280 on: August 23, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
I feel like we should all have a tipsy tea party. :D

I don't have 5 today, my anxiety has been on overdrive to the point of bordering on crisis levels so I'm just trying to keep swimming without losing my job. Pro tip for people who work with those who aren't neurotypical... Don't have a moving goalpost of responsibilities and expectations. It might be fine for you, and what you're asking for might seem "easy" but it may not at all be possible for them. Holiday in 2 weeks!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #7281 on: August 23, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »
1.  One of my work friends is leaving the bank after 13 years to become a firefighter!  I thought today was her last day, so I went through with a card and flowers only to find out that her last day is NEXT Friday!  Ooops. :-[

Albatross!  Now you have to go bigger and better next Friday to top this week's "I'll miss you" gift!  Massive congrats on the frenemy unfriending.

I feel like we should all have a tipsy tea party. :D

...unpleasant stuff that you don't want to think about...

Holiday in 2 weeks!

YAY!  Party and holiday!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7282 on: August 23, 2019, 03:31:13 PM »
FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!

1.  Less than 2 hours until the start of my holiday!  Off to Croatia.  Taxi picks us up at 6:30 in the morning.  Still have to pack and finish off work.  Chaos to the say the least!

2.  Busy busy week.  But glorious weather today.  My team went to lunch to celebrate my birthday which was on Tuesday.

3.  Husband's cousin's kid is staying at our place tonight and tomorrow with a friend as they are at Reading Festival.  If they wake my kids when they come in tonight they are dead.  But we WILL wake them when we get up and moving at the crack of dawn in the morning.  They will have to deal.

4.  I had Sobe's urine tested this week for peace of mind before we go away.  Absolutely clear, perfect urine.  Yippee!!  Gives me a lot of peace knowing he doesn't have something brewing while we are away.  I'm going to test it again when we return.

5.  My American BFF in the UK who repatriated two years ago is back for a visit.  We had a lovely catchup last night.  Was tight as she just landed and I leave tomorrow but we made it work. 

« Reply #7283 on: August 23, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
4.  I had Sobe's urine tested this week for peace of mind before we go away.  Absolutely clear, perfect urine.  Yippee!!  Gives me a lot of peace knowing he doesn't have something brewing while we are away.  I'm going to test it again when we return.

Yay!  I'm so glad you can go away with the comfort of that happy news.  Enjoy your holiday!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7284 on: August 23, 2019, 04:00:28 PM »
My sister and her family have been here since Sunday and we're drinking a beer on the train home from London. It's also gorgeously sunny. Need I say more?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7285 on: August 23, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »
My sister and her family have been here since Sunday and we're drinking a beer on the train home from London. It's also gorgeously sunny. Need I say more?

Nope!  Gotta love public drinking

« Reply #7286 on: August 23, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
Nope!  Gotta love public drinking
We didn't get a chance to street drink in London, so the least I could do was let them drink on the train haha

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #7287 on: August 30, 2019, 08:35:05 AM »
It's Friday again!  I feel like this one is appropriate.  The last one feels ages ago.

1.  I don't know about the rest of you, but our bank holiday weekend weather was as good as last year's May bank holiday weekend... only this year, I didn't have an in-person ILR application appointment on the Tuesday after, so we were able to enjoy it.  We workshopped, we barbecued, we bonfired (burned yard waste and stuff that we've been piling up in the fire pit all summer)... it was glorious!

2.  We finally put cubpoard doors on my workbench, and then we finished my husband's workbench (he had a space in the middle that was intended to be cupboards one day, but had been just this big open space filled with piles of junk for ages... we fixed that).

3.  Back when we played Minecraft, we used a colour scheme in many of our builds... "black" stained hardened clay (which looks dark brown) paired with birch wood.  As I was staining my OSB doors dark oak to match the drawers we'd done months ago and then putting on the pine handles, my husband said, "This looks like our Minecraft colour scheme... we re-created Minecraft!"

4.  I bought avocados with my weekly shop... Mexican platter is go!

5.  One of my FB friends (someone I barely knew in highschool) posted this on Thursday:

...................Question for my fellow Southerners: How old were you when you learned the dresser is actually called a chest of drawers and not "Chester drawers"?

I was in my early teens.

Naturally, I have shared the story of Chester Draws.  Maybe he'll be Internet famous.

« Reply #7288 on: August 30, 2019, 08:44:17 AM »
Good, old Chester... Hahaha

1. Became a citizen this week. Feel the same as I did before i did have a good laugh about all the "we welcome you" comments they made and all the people who were saying "I've been here for years!" In response lol

2. Looking at an exchange on the house where we'll close at the end of September. We are risking it as the retirement home our sellers are moving into should be done by the 23rd but it may get pushed out and we may need to find somewhere to stay for a short period. I'm willing to take the risk to secure the sale.

3. I know I'm one of the only people to get excited about this but it's pumpkin spice season at Starbucks!!! Definitely getting my PSL on with my husband Saturday morning. Woohoo

4. Husband is going on an overnight to Wales Saturday to do some underground climbing/zip lining thing. I have to stay home so somebody has the dog but I'm gutted as the trip was originally my idea to go and we would camp, etc., But the more people who got involved, the more it started to shift focus and it meant I couldn't go. Gutted as I was looking forward to it, but I'm going 5o have a night in with takeaway with one of our friends's (who's going to Wales) girlfriend so it'll be fine.

5. my mom is already looking at when they'll come to visit next year. I appreciate you need to book in advance to get good fares, but omg! Everybody JUST left my house!

My, how time flies....

« Reply #7289 on: August 30, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »
KoD, I almost started my five with another massive congratulations to you because I knew you'd be headlining with citizenship!  Yay!  And can I just say it's absolute rubbish that you conceived of that awesome trip, but then didn't get to go?  I mean... how does that even happen?  I feel like your husband did you wrong.  If you couldn't go on your trip, why in the world is he going without you?!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab