Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Initial Fiance visa application advice  (Read 2867 times)

• Liked: 13
Re: Initial Fiance visa application advice
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »
The question saga continues!

Is this adequate for the letter of support from my parents to let us live with them after the marriage ?

"Dear Entry CLearance Officer,
We write to confirm that our son (Name) and his fiancee (Name) have our full permission and support to live with us in our property (address of property) free of rent and utilities as long as they need to. We own our house completely with no mortgage and have included an official copy of the Land Registry form as proof of our ownership."

Signed and dated of course.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:43:05 PM by Windle »

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »
The letter also needs to state the total number of bedrooms + living rooms and the total number of people who will be living in the property... to prove it will not be overcrowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2017, 10:04:14 PM »
Perfect, added that to it.

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:31 PM »
Is a £17,000 deposit into my account a few weeks ago (a repayment of a personal loan) going to throw a spanner in the works at all ? I only just realised it as I am looking through my printed statements.

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 11:52:55 PM »
It shouldn't do - you can just explain the large transaction in your sponsor letter (so they are aware of where the money came from).

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2017, 09:45:30 PM »
Just as an update my fiancee received all my documents last Saturday and has her bio metrics tomorrow morning. Do they hand over the relevant documents there and then after the appointment or is it posted usually ?

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2017, 09:50:38 PM »
Just as an update my fiancee received all my documents last Saturday and has her bio metrics tomorrow morning. Do they hand over the relevant documents there and then after the appointment or is it posted usually ?

No, she will need to physically post everything to Sheffield herself, within 5 days of her biometrics. So if her biometrics are tomorrow, she must get the package in the post by Wednesday next week at the latest.

The biometrics in the US are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI Sheffield, so they have nothing to do with submitting your application and don't even care what visa you are applying for.

The whole appointment only takes about 5-10 minutes and goes something like this:
- she arrives at the appointment and waits to be called
- they will check her ID (passport) and will then stamp biometrics confirmation letter
- they will take her photo and fingerprints
- they will send her home

Once she has left the appointment, she places her passport and stamped biometrics letter with her printed application forms and all her supporting documents in the package, and then she mails it all to Sheffield.

If she wants to purchase priority processing and/or return shipping labels, she will need to do this on the VFS Global website before mailing the documents to Sheffield.

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »
I must have completely missed any references to the VFS website before. Looking at it now (I am assuming this is the correct website: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/) where does this fit into the whole submission/mailing process?

I thought we needed mail all our combined documents to the following address by whatever mailing process we could find that was the quickest:

International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, S3 8NH, United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2017, 10:25:37 PM »
I must have completely missed any references to the VFS website before. Looking at it now (I am assuming this is the correct website: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/) where does this fit into the whole submission/mailing process?

Yes, that's correct - VFS are the commercial partner of UKVI and their website allows you to purchase extra services that UKVI Sheffield offer: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

So, if you want to pay for priority processing, to get the application put to the front of the line when it arrives in Sheffield, you can purchase it for $700 on the VFS Global website, following the instructions on there.

Also, there is a shipping service offered as well - it's just UPS shipping, but it's pre-paid and fixed price. Either $141 for just the return shipping, or $227 for both ways. Again, you follow the instructions on the

I thought we needed mail all our combined documents to the following address by whatever mailing process we could find that was the quickest:

International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, S3 8NH, United Kingdom

Yes, you mail the documents to that address.

You can either do it by:

- Purchasing Round Trip shipping labels from VFS Global for $227 and then going to a UPS store to get an envelope to ship it there in

or

- Purchasing just return shipping from VFS for $141 and then shipping it to Sheffield yourself using DHL or UPS (do not use USPS).

or

- Shipping it to Sheffield yourself using DHL or UPS, and then for the return shipping, you open an online account with either DHL or UPS and then include your online account number with your documents. Sheffield will then charge your account for the return shipping when they have processed the visa

• Liked: 8
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2017, 10:47:52 PM »
Hello!

I'm the other half of the Windle-couple.

I was just worried that the VFS priority processing may not apply to our visa. It said on the website that it was for visitors visas, and I wasn't sure if settlement marriage visas fell under that umbrella.

sorry for the trouble, I just wanted to be sure.

Initial Fiance visa application advice
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2017, 10:51:03 PM »
There are two types of priority processing:

Priority Processing ($234)
- this is for all visa types EXCEPT settlement visas (so for visitor visas, work visas, student visas etc.) and these visas are all processed in NYC.

Settlement Priority Processing ($700)
 - this is for settlement visas ONLY, which are processed in Sheffield.

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »
Thanks so much!

do you know what is the turnaround for priority service versus the non priority? I can't seem to find a comparison on the website.

• Liked: 79
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
Processing times for Settlement are currently ~22 working days for priority.
There are people from February/March who have gone non priority that are still waiting.

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »
OK!
So here's the table of contents for the full package we're sending off tomorrow. Does it seem like everything we need is in there? We're just hoping for a last minute check to make sure it's all accounted for

Table of Contents

Applicant:
- Letter of introduction
- Settlement marriage visa application form
- VAF4A Personal Details Form
- VAF4A Appendix 2
- 2 Passport sized photographs
- Current passport
- All previous passports
- Stamped biometrics confirmation letter

Sponsor:
- Letter of introduction/support
- Copy of passport (certified)
- 6 months of current account statements
- Decree absolute
- Divorce Final Order
- Evidence of accommodation supporting letter from parents
- Evidence of parent’s house works

Evidence of Ongoing Relationship
- 2 Photos of applicant and sponsor together
- 3 e-tickets/itineraries of applicant visiting sponsor
- 3 e-tickets/ itineraries of sponsor visiting applicant   
- E-ticket of applicant and sponsor’s shared trip to Barcelona
- Print screen of emails between sponsor and applicant
- Print screen of Skype conversation and calls between sponsor and applicant
- Logs of skype calls between sponsor and applicant

Evidence that we intend to marry:
- Email of inquiry to registry office
- Wedding band resizing receipt

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
My fiancee is literally at the UPS location. Anyone able to quickly cast their eye over the list before its posted?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab