Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Injustice: American Citizens in the Eyes of the UK Bureaucracy  (Read 2021 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Injustice: American Citizens in the Eyes of the UK Bureaucracy
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »
As others have stated life is NOT always fair..You got 6 months of the BF..now go home and see if you can continue the relationship.  Let him get settled in London then maybe apply for a fiance visa.
You are young and have a lot of time.
The high road doesnt always feel good but its the law...I hate driving 55 on a country road but I do it so I dont get a ticket.

I didnt plan on falling for an Englishman but I did and I am uprouting my life to start a new one but it wasn't a decision we took lightly and we are older and have the resources to allow us to do it and start life as we saw fit.

Working illegally is what makes it immigrants look bad in the US and the UK and this is why they crack down and yeah the others are right it may bite you in the ass.  Your willing to lose a lot to live with him in London, would he do the same for you and move to the US?  Follow the rules as much as it sucks but in the end if it is meant to be and you can overcome the hurdles it is sweet!

Good luck

• Liked: 0
Re: Injustice: American Citizens in the Eyes of the UK Bureaucracy
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »

[/quote]THE INQUISITION:
Historically, through my perceptions, and even through and into these contemporary times, I have always thought that the US and the UK were very close partners. We fight wars together, create doctrines together and for the past few centuries, have dominated the world together. Yet these "buddy-buddy" principles do not seem to apply to the actual citizens of our two great nations. The relationship is simply political, while the people of these two countries sit idly by, watching as the various boundaries are constructed that prevent us from visiting and functioning within said brotherland.

[/quote]
We fight together almost every war except for one and about 230 years ago not everyone thought George Washington was a patriot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab