Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: An American in Need in Hampshire  (Read 1523 times)

• Liked: 0
An American in Need in Hampshire
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
I am writing this on behalf of my friend. My friend is from Fairfax County Virginia and has been living in the UK for nearly 10 years. He was married to a British woman and on her retirement from her job in America she decided to relocate back to the UK, forcing her reluctant husband to move here with her.

Shortly after moving back to the UK my friend was diagnosed with dementia and not wishing to be involved with her husband or his illness his wife threw him out of the home they shared together and divorced him. D (for legal reason I have to protect his name) is now in a residential care home in Andover Hampshire.

I am writing this in the hope that a fellow American could visit D, he has not really spoken to any other Americans in two years. I have been in contact with the US Embassy in London but they flatly refused to send anyone to meet D.

D is an intelligent ex television producer and has a sparkle in his eyes and great stories to tell but sadly his condition is beginning to take hold and he sometimes feels very isolated and depressed.

Although my wife and I speak to D every other day and get to see him regularly he is in desperate need of a fellow American to talk to, if anyone out there lives in Hampshire and could come and meet D it would make such a difference to a very, very homesick man. Thank you. My contact details are nigelb18@gmail.com
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:46:52 PM by Nigelb »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab