Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US retailers to open shops in the UK  (Read 663 times)

• Liked: 1
US retailers to open shops in the UK
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:44:39 AM »

• Liked: 0
Re: US retailers to open shops in the UK
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:14:20 AM »
Fingers crossed that some of these retailers are successful enough to be opened in Northern Ireland as well!  Still waiting for our Chipotle and Whole Foods  :)

• Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
There's a Chipotle here in Belfast at Victoria Square!  I haven't eaten there, but see it all the time!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »
I find is sad that Habitat is closing and Crate & Barrel is opening shops. It stinks if you live in the regions.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
I find is sad that Habitat is closing and Crate & Barrel is opening shops. It stinks if you live in the regions.

I agree, and I can't imagine why C&B want to open here with the failure of Habitat (they both do the same thing, only C&B are more mass produced).

I'm not so happy about American chains coming in general, to be honest.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Meh.  I know everyone in their 40s/50s love Habitat, but it is always such a mess whenever I went in and it was way overpriced and just not that nice. 

I understand the place it has in the memories of UK people, but I never found anything there that I thought I needed to have.

I don't understand though what you mean by more mass produced?  Habitat is all mass produced, just like C&B. 

• Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Meh.  I know everyone in their 40s/50s love Habitat, but it is always such a mess whenever I went in and it was way overpriced and just not that nice. 

I'm not in my 40's and I really like it. I find that lots of first time homeowners buy a lot of Habitat stuff, the quality is fantastic and really the furniture and accessories there are classic British Designs. I like Habitat a lot, and think while its expensive, the quality is pretty good, far better than Ikea, and I have a lot of Ikea furniture. Its very sad it isn't doing well right now.

Saying that, I think it will go the way of Warehouse. A few years ago lots and lots of Warehouse shops closed, only their concessions in department stores stayed open and now they are opening again. Hopefully they will find their feet and open more store in the regions in af ew years.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »
I think it is a shame though that American retailers are planning on coming, but I guess if Habitat can't give people what they want and C&B can it isn't for me to say they can't move here.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
My personal view is there has been way too much US in the UK for too many years. If I had to have everything American, I would just stay in America.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab