Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...  (Read 4463 times)

• Liked: 3596
Re: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »
As long as the payslip has been deposited into the bank account, and this deposit is shown on the bank statement, you should be fine.

You just need to make sure you have 6 full months of bank statements - i.e. if this last statement ends 27 Jan, you need to make sure the 6 months of statements cover the entire period from 27 July to 27 Jan (not, say 1 Aug to 27 Jan)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
As long as the payslip has been deposited into the bank account, and this deposit is shown on the bank statement, you should be fine.

You just need to make sure you have 6 full months of bank statements - i.e. if this last statement ends 27 Jan, you need to make sure the 6 months of statements cover the entire period from 27 July to 27 Jan (not, say 1 Aug to 27 Jan)
Ok one less cover letter :) Since each month bank statement starts on the 28th of each month, August statement covers 28 Jul 2016-27 Aug 2016. So the bank statement range is 28 Jul 2016-27 Jan 2017. Is this date range acceptable or is it best to also include the July bank statement ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
Ok one less cover letter :) Since each month bank statement starts on the 28th of each month, August statement covers 28 Jul 2016-27 Aug 2016. So the bank statement range is 28 Jul 2016-27 Jan 2017. Is this date range acceptable or is it best to also include the July bank statement ?

I assume that's fine - I almost put 27th or 28th July in my reply anyway.

Plus, if you include the July bank statement, you would also need to include the July payslip as well... because the whole point of the bank statements is to prove the payslips were deposited, so a bank statement on its own has no relevance to the application.

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »
I assume that's fine - I almost put 27th or 28th July in my reply anyway.

Plus, if you include the July bank statement, you would also need to include the July payslip as well... because the whole point of the bank statements is to prove the payslips were deposited, so a bank statement on its own has no relevance to the application.
Perfect, thank you for the response, much appreciated!

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 01:30:22 AM »
DOCUMENT LIST - My spouse is about to mail off his documents to me. I would be so ever grateful if I could get feedback on my document list. Thank you in advance for reading through my list !!  We are applying with salaried employment, category A, no children. Accommodation will be spouses flat he co-owns with a roommate.

Applicant's documents
Printed online application form VAF4a
Completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
printed emails from GP showing no balance for consultation
Stamped Biometrics Confirmation Sheet
Receipt for IHS surcharge payment
Receipt for priority processing
Return shipping details (planning to purchase round trip off U.K. website)
Two passport photos (US size-2x2)
Current passport and previous passports
Proposed flight itinerary (printed from Expedia website)

Sponsor's documents
Certified copy of UK passport pages (certified by US notary)
Sponsor letter of support for the visa (original with "wet" signature)

Relationship evidence (Sep 2014-present)
Marriage certificate (certified copy)
photos of us together (printed photos)
Boarding passes from trips to see each other (email printouts of booking confirmation and payment summary)
a few physical letters and cards sent to each other
1 sheet of paper showing screenshot of email inbox (subject lines and dates-2014-2016)
4 sheets of paper with screenshots of Skype video calls (dates and times-1 screenshot/month-Jan2015-Jan2017)
1-2 sheets of paper of WhatsApp text message log (dates and times)
4 sheets of paper with screenshots of WhatsApp phone call log (dates and times-Jun2015-Jan 2017)

Financial documents
Pay slips showing salaried earnings of at least £18,600 per year covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application
(Aug2016-Jan2017-printed from company HR portal, stamped and accompanied with letter on company letterhead signed by senior officer certifying authenticity)

Bank statements showing the deposit of every pay slip covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application
(Aug2016-Jan2017-online printouts and each page stamped by bank)

A letter from employer who issued the pay slips confirming employment and salary
(on company letter head and signed by a senior official)

Job contract (printed copy with company stamp)

Latest P60 (Printed from company HR portal, stamped, and accompanied with letter on company letterhead signed by senior officer certifying authenticity)

A letter from employer who issued the pay slips confirming payslips and P60 are authenticated by company stamp (letter on company letter head and signed by a senior official)

Accommodation documents
Land Registry document (downloaded from website and printed)
Latest original mortgage statement (received from mortgage company)
Letter of invitation from sponsor's co-owner giving permission to live there (original with "wet" signature)

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 07:54:48 AM »
Hi,

Your documents look good - just a couple of notes/checks regarding what you're sending:

Sponsor's documents
Certified copy of UK passport pages (certified by US notary)

Just to note here that you only need a certified/notarised copy of the photo page with his details on it, and not any other pages of his passport.

Relationship evidence (Sep 2014-present)
photos of us together (printed photos)
Boarding passes from trips to see each other (email printouts of booking confirmation and payment summary)

For the photos you only need 1 or 2 - no more. Just to show you've met at least once.

In terms of boarding passes - do you have the physical boarding passes used to get on the plane? If so, you want to send those instead as they show you actually got on the plane and travelled.

If you no longer have boarding passes, you can use the e-ticket.

Financial documents
Pay slips showing salaried earnings of at least £18,600 per year covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application
(Aug2016-Jan2017-printed from company HR portal, stamped and accompanied with letter on company letterhead signed by senior officer certifying authenticity)

Just to confirm that every single payslip shows at least £1,550 before tax?

A letter from employer who issued the pay slips confirming employment and salary
(on company letter head and signed by a senior official)

Just to confirm that the letter contains ALL of the following:
- length of employment
- current salary
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment

A letter from employer who issued the pay slips confirming payslips and P60 are authenticated by company stamp (letter on company letter head and signed by a senior official)

You don't necessarily need a second letter - this could go in the main employer letter (unless it's different people writing them?)

Accommodation documents
Letter of invitation from sponsor's co-owner giving permission to live there (original with "wet" signature)

Just to confirm that it also states the size of the property and the total number of people who will live there, to show there will be no overcrowding?

JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 09:46:12 AM »
Hi,

Your documents look good - just a couple of notes/checks regarding what you're sending:

Just to note here that you only need a certified/notarised copy of the photo page with his details on it, and not any other pages of his passport.

For the photos you only need 1 or 2 - no more. Just to show you've met at least once.

In terms of boarding passes - do you have the physical boarding passes used to get on the plane? If so, you want to send those instead as they show you actually got on the plane and travelled.

If you no longer have boarding passes, you can use the e-ticket.

Just to confirm that every single payslip shows at least £1,550 before tax?

Just to confirm that the letter contains ALL of the following:
- length of employment
- current salary
- length of time earning current salary
- type of employment

You don't necessarily need a second letter - this could go in the main employer letter (unless it's different people writing them?)

Just to confirm that it also states the size of the property and the total number of people who will live there, to show there will be no overcrowding?

Awesome feedback, much appreciated .

1. Sponsor passport-I thought to include his few passport pages to further evidence our visits since we do not have physical boarding passes.
2. Travel-In total we have 12 trips between the two of us and we have all the original travel confirmation/payment emails. We have two flight boarding passes we can add in, everything else was electronic.
3. Payslips - each is greater than the 1,550 before tax
4. Employer Letter-the letter included the following to confirm employment and salary:

- Is an employee of <company name>
- Is employed as a permanent member of staff as <position>
- Has a gross annual salary of <y>
- Has been employed by us since <x>
- Has had a salary in excess of the required £18,600 per anum from <x>

We followed the guideline below,
    * (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    * (ii) the length of their employment;
    * (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    * (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
5. Payslip letter- HR went ahead and generated a letter to further authenticate the payslips and P60, apparently their procedure.
6. Accommodation co-owner letter- the letter does state the flat is 3 bedrooms and 1 living room, and there will be 5 occupants (including myself).

Thank you !

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:05:51 AM by Nwine »

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
1. Sponsor passport-I thought to include his few passport pages to further evidence our visits since we do not have physical boarding passes.

You could do - not sure if they'll look at them, but if you don't have boarding passes it might be good to include those pages too.

2. Travel-In total we have 12 trips between the two of us and we have all the original travel confirmation/payment emails. We have two flight boarding passes we can add in, everything else was electronic.

Cool - the electronic confirmations are better than nothing if you don't have the boarding passes.

The only issue is that they just prove you booked the flights, not that you actually got on the plane (i.e. you could have cancelled them later or not travelled). So in that sense, you're probably right to include the passport stamps too.

4. Employer Letter-the letter included the following to confirm employment and salary:

- Is an employee of <company name>
- Is employed as a permanent member of staff as <position>
- Has a gross annual salary of <y>
- Has been employed by us since <x>
- Has had a salary in excess of the required £18,600 per anum from <x>

We followed the guideline below,
    * (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    * (ii) the length of their employment;
    * (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    * (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Yeah, that's good - it's what I was referencing too. Just double-checking that all the info is in the letter :).

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 09:06:44 AM »
You could do - not sure if they'll look at them, but if you don't have boarding passes it might be good to include those pages too.

Cool - the electronic confirmations are better than nothing if you don't have the boarding passes.

The only issue is that they just prove you booked the flights, not that you actually got on the plane (i.e. you could have cancelled them later or not travelled). So in that sense, you're probably right to include the passport stamps too.
So I was happy to find out my spouse does have his physical boarding passes so we will have a little over half of the boarding passes, much better than what I originally posted. Now I'm waiting for all of his documents to arrive.
In the meantime I have come up with a question on appendix 2, does it matter if the app is filled in on my computer and then printed or should it be filled in by hand ?

Thank you !

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2017, 09:16:41 AM »
In the meantime I have come up with a question on appendix 2, does it matter if the app is filled in on my computer and then printed or should it be filled in by hand ?

I'm really not sure if it matters, to be honest.

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »
ACCOMODATION quote from another thread on this forum:

"Property inspection report & Process

A property inspection report is not required and never has been - so you don't need one at all.

As larrabee said, just include your Land Registry and latest mortgage statement.

The only time you might consider a property inspection report is if the house has multiple occupation (i.e. several different people/couples renting rooms in the same house) and you need to prove that no laws are being broken in terms of the number of rooms vs. number of people. For example, you see on TV shows where a landlord has several different families living in squalor in a tiny house, with just one small room each... which is against the law.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftalk%2Euk-yankee%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D89646%2Emsg1160591%23msg1160591&share_tid=89646&share_fid=39132&share_type=t&share_pid=1160591"

Should I consider a property inspection for the 3 bedroom, 1 living room, 5 occupant flat co-owned by my spouse and his roommate if it is occupied as follows:

Bedroom 1-co-owner spouse and me
Bedroom 2- co-owner
Baedroom 3 - another couple who are our friends

This setup is different people/couples living in one flat as mentioned above. As far as space I understand 4 rooms can accommodate 7.5 people.

Thank you for reviewing this question again, we'd have to rush if we should get an inspection.

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »
Should I consider a property inspection for the 3 bedroom, 1 living room, 5 occupant flat co-owned by my spouse and his roommate if it is occupied as follows:

Bedroom 1-co-owner spouse and me
Bedroom 2- co-owner
Baedroom 3 - another couple who are our friends

To be honest, in the 10 years I've been a member of the forum, I don't remember anyone needing to send a property inspection before. No one has been refused for not having one.

Here's the guidance on accommodation and what you have to show. There is no mention at all of property inspections:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2017, 04:54:10 AM »
Thank you once again for your response on the accommodation question. I keep getting hung up on the houses of multiple occupation part and the mention of separate overcrowding provisions for this type of setup. I did read the document again, thank you. I'll keep in mind the flat can accommodate 7.5 people according to the chart and relax!

Another question...

Bank statements and payslips question again but with specific info. I understand both the bank and payslips need to cover a full 6 month period. Here is the data we are looking to provide:

Bank statements cover July 28, 2016 through January 27, 2017, a 6 month period.

Payslips cover salary earned Aug 1, 2016 – Jan 31, 2017, a 6 month period.

The payslips only show the payslip date which is at the end of each month. The payslips are posted to the bank ahead of the dated payslip.

Are we properly covering a full 6 months of payslips and a full 6 months of bank statements?

I appreciate all the advice!

JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »
To be honest, in the 10 years I've been a member of the forum, I don't remember anyone needing to send a property inspection before. No one has been refused for not having one.

Here's the guidance on accommodation and what you have to show. There is no mention at all of property inspections:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2

Thank you once again for your response on the accommodation question. I keep getting hung up on the houses of multiple occupation part and the mention of separate overcrowding provisions for this type of setup. I did read the document again, thank you. I'll keep in mind the flat can accommodate 7.5 people according to the chart and relax!

Can you check out my other question I posted yesterday on bank statements and payslips at your convenience?

Thank you Ksand24 !!

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »
I ended up sending 7 months of payslips and bank statements just to be safely within the requirement of 6 months of data. I wanted to close my thread with my final application information.

Here is my application timeline:

Married in US Nov. 2016
Online Application submitted - 08 Feb 2017
Biometric appointment- 09 Feb 2017
Priority Application mailed via UPS - 10 Feb 2017
(used VFS round trip shipping)
Documents delivered to Sheffield on 13 Feb 2017 at 8:27am (UPS tracking)
Email from Sheffield stating documents received 13 Feb 2017
Email from Sheffield stating decision made 16 Feb 2017
Visa APPROVAL received on 20 Feb 2017 !!!

Just a couple notes to add in, my requested travel date was 23 Mar 2017 and the travel date given is 16 Mar 2017. Thankfully no issues with the date. ALL my documents were returned even the copies.  I followed a tip from a fellow forum member and did a walk in to my biometrics appointment on 09 Feb instead of my assigned date of 13 Feb 2017. Our local office was empty and I walked in with no wait.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab