Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All change at X Factor central  (Read 2414 times)

• Liked: 2
All change at X Factor central
« on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:38 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6432249.stm

Anyone care to hazzard a guess who the new judges or host will be?

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: All change at X Factor central
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 10:19:39 AM »
I really liked Kate Thornton, but I had heard she'd be leaving. It seems like Cat Deeley is in everything these days, so maybe she'll be the replacement. Unless, of course, she's busy in the US being too big for her britches.  ;)  There's always Holly Willoughby. Frankly, both Willoughby and Deeley give me a big case of the yawns. Bring back Kate! As for the replacement judges, I have no idea, but it'll be interesting to see who they pick.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Snaps

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »
Oh good god.
At least Paula Abdul didn't come into American Idol with much gossip baggage.

Why do they want an American anyway??  Plenty of has-been pop singers from this country!  Where's David Essex?  Jason Donovan?  Any of the guys from Blue?  Or, someone who's not a singer, but like Louis, Simon and Sharon, a manager/producer who knows the WHOLE picture of what's needed?

I like Carrie whats-her-name... the vocal coach... married to the black guy who's also a vocal coach.
As for host... what about Vernon Kay or Tess (Daily?  Daley?).  I like both of them.  He's got just enough of a cheese factor and quirky good looks to keep me entertained. :)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »
let's get graham norton in to cover both spots  ;D
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:26:03 PM »
let's get graham norton in to cover both spots  ;D

That one would be hilarious!  I could just see it! 
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »
Dh said he heard it was going to be David Guest replacing Louie Walsh, for pete's sake I hope Dh is wrong.  ::)  :P

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:38:20 AM »
Who's David Guest?
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »
Liza Minelli's ex husband. he was on I'M A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here last year. to my knowledge I don't think he has any music background other than Broadway shows. there is a picture of David Guest in the the latest Heat magazine he is swimming in the Ocean.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
Actually he's a music biz exec....

• Snaps
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
Dh said he heard it was going to be David Guest replacing Louie Walsh, for pete's sake I hope Dh is wrong.  ::)  :P

I actually think he'd be pretty good! Very knowledgeable nd definitely entertaining. But I'm not sure how it would work having both him and Simon on the judging panel - they're too similar and both "tell it like it is". I think they'll find someone else who'll give it a better balance. Still, it would be cool!  :)

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
I actually think he'd be pretty good! Very knowledgeable nd definitely entertaining. But I'm not sure how it would work having both him and Simon on the judging panel - they're too similar and both "tell it like it is". I think they'll find someone else who'll give it a better balance. Still, it would be cool!  :)

I didnt know he was a music biz exc. but when I saw him on Im A Celebrity he & an few others annoyed the living daylights out me. I stopped watching the show cause him & the others I mentioned. so I was just hoping it would be somebody else. because I really like watching the  X-Factor, I like how Simon tells the truth to the contestants. He wouldnt be as successful as he is if wasnt spot on with all his clients.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 12:18:29 PM »
I agree Cat Deeley would be the obvious choice and I'm not sure why they never had her in the first place.  Graham Norton would be FANTASTIC!! But alas I believe he is contracted to the BBC for 5 years or something. I can't really imagine who the new judges could be. Perhaps someone like Paul Gambacini or Pete Waterman. I bet Simon wants to get Sinnitta on board as either host or judge.

• Snaps
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:21:01 PM »
Dermot O'Leary got the presenter gig. No word yet about new judges.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »
Dh saw on the internet yesterday that Randy Jackson from American Idol is poised to sign a contract to replace Louis Walsh as a judge.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a44347/randy-jackson-to-be-x-factor-judge.html?rss

Sponsored Links