Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sweeney Todd at South Bank Centre 5-7 July only  (Read 584 times)

• Liked: 0
Sweeney Todd at South Bank Centre 5-7 July only
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »
A few people here have mentioned Sweeney Todd before, so I thought I'd point this out.

July 5-7 only at the Royal Festival Hall (as part of a celebration for it's reopening after extensive refurbishment).
Tickets are £12 - £85.  My understanding is that it is a staged concert/reading, not a full-scale production, so that combined with the magnificent voices involved, I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend going, as, unless you're behind a pillar, it's very unlikely where you sit is important.

"Welsh opera star Bryn Terfel is Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street in a dramatised concert created especially to celebrate the reopening of the newly refurbished Royal Festival Hall. David Freeman directs this thrilling operatic musical, a dark and absorbing tale of love, murder and obsession set in the harsh underworld of Victorian London."

Further information and ticket ordering can be found at the Southbank Centre Site.

Into the Woods and Sweeney Todd are my favorite Sondheim shows.  If you're not that familiar with Sondheim, both are great for 'newbies'. :)
(Into the Woods is playing until the end of June at the Linbury Studio Theatre, which is in the Royal Opera House complex).
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

Sponsored Links