Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: radio stations  (Read 766 times)

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
  • Liked: 0
radio stations
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
what radio stations do you listen to at home, work, or in the car i listen to real radio fm based in yorkshire it plays a mix of old and new .With guess the year between 9 and 10, great singalong radio  lol http://yorkshire.realradiofm.com/home.asp
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: radio stations
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
It's always Radio 4 at home. In the car it's either Radio 4 or 2.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:11 PM »
I only ever listen to the radio in the car... it's either on XFM Scotland or Radio 2.  Im picky about which programmes I will listen to, though... on Radio 2, i wont listen to Ken Bruce, Sarah Kennedy or Terry Wogan, but i love Steve Wright, Chris Evans, Stuart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:08:19 PM »
I listen to Radio 2 a *lot*.  Love it! Enough variety to keep me interested :)

Oh, and when I was in Manchester I loved XFM as well.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »
I'm very, very picky about radio. I listen to the BBC London Breakfast show on the way to work (I think it's very funny and I need a laugh on the way to work!!) and XFM London on the way home. I rarely listen to radio if I'm not in the car.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
I just realized I almost never listen to the radio.  How weird!  I always listend in MA and NY.  If I'm in the car with Rich we will listen to Radio 1, but usually we have a CD on.

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »
I don't listen to the radio much these days either.   Very occasionally I tune in to Classic Gold in the car, but that seems to be getting more and more newer stuff that I don't like, and they seem to have a rather limited repertoire of older records now.   The commercials are so repetitive and sometimes so stupid that they get on my nerves as well, so I mostly just play my own tapes when driving.

Whether at home or in the car, Saturday morning it's Radio 2 for "Sounds of the Sixties," then switch across to Radio Norfolk for Roy Waller's country show until noon.

The last few weeks I've also been listening to "Rockin' with Suzi Q" on Radio 2 on Thursday evenings, but that's now finished.   Ten hour-long shows of 50s/60s rock, doo-wop, etc. presented by Suzi Quatro.  Best thing that's been on the radio for ages!   :)

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
I mainly listen to the radio in the kitchen and usually have Radio Scotland on.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »
For some strange reason, I listen to Radio 1 in the morning on the way in, Radio 2 on the way home and the rest of the time - 6 music. Amazingly fantastic radio station.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »
radio 2 when i get up- i can marginally stand the chick who's on til 7:30.  after that terry wogan comes on and it gets turned off.  he's cringeworthy.

into & outof work it's radio 4.  the only way i get my news.

radio 2 has some good shows- esp thursday night country.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 06:20:40 PM »
radio 2 when i get up- i can marginally stand the chick who's on til 7:30. 

that 'chick' is Sarah Kennedy. (she'd probably be thrilled to know someone thinks of her as a chick!)
i think she is dreadful!   :-X

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »
Virgin - but I don't usually like the morning show as the guy - Christian something or other - talks too much. My car radio is rubbish for some reason and I can only get a few stations in. I like it when Suggs does Friday and Saturday nights. We have a digital radio in the kitchen and station hop a bit.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »
Virgin - but I don't usually like the morning show as the guy - Christian something or other - talks too much. My car radio is rubbish for some reason and I can only get a few stations in. I like it when Suggs does Friday and Saturday nights. We have a digital radio in the kitchen and station hop a bit.

I listen to Virgin online in Phoenix almost everyday at work. Sometimes I switch over to NPR :) I don't like Christian (O'Connell?) either. He's kind of full of himself. The Geoff Show is pretty funny though, if only because half the time he never seems like he knows what he's doing and isn't afraid to do cheesy things. Plus, I like the music!

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
that 'chick' is Sarah Kennedy. (she'd probably be thrilled to know someone thinks of her as a chick!)
i think she is dreadful!   :-X

That is an understatement if ever I heard one. She is  :-X :-X

I find Steve Wright a bit of a prat but I find I listen to his show quite regularly.

Radio 2 is what I normally listen to. I highly recommend you look at the website for details of their programs and for the listen again feature.
Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
I find Steve Wright a bit of a prat but I find I listen to his show quite regularly.

yes, he is a prat, but he makes me laugh!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab