Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My experience with BMI from Chicago to Manchester....  (Read 815 times)

• Liked: 0
My experience with BMI from Chicago to Manchester....
« on: May 26, 2006, 04:04:39 PM »
I'm in the UK now, just got here yesterday and have to say that BMI was GREAT!  They were really nice, explained what was going to happen, etc... and took wonderful care of my dog.  I dropped him off at 3:00 p.m. and the flight was supposed to take off at 6:30 p.m., but didn't actually take off until 9:30 p.m.  They looked after him really well and he is amazingly uneffected by the flight (and the four hour train ride after the flight).
Anyway, the price for my 18lb dog and his intermediate kennel was $567.  Unlike other people here, I did not have to pay anything when I got to the UK and picked him up from the Pets on Jets center in Manchester.  I would really recommend flying into Manchester because the people there were great and it only took just over an hour for him to be released.  They actually called me on my cell phone and told me he was ready (while I was still at the airport).  When I got to the center they had him out and were playing with him.

Anyway, that's what happened.  I thought people might be interested to know if they are going to go through the pets scheme program.  If you have any questions, let me know!

• Liked: 0
Re: My experience with BMI from Chicago to Manchester....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 04:24:27 PM »
I wish I could fly BMI.
I've seen a few people who say they were great carriers for the animals they had sent over.
Unfortunately, they aren't one of the options for us out of Newark. (or JFK) 
*currently the only DEFRA approved point of departure for BMI is Chicago, which for me is heading in the wrong direction* :-\\\\

Still, it's marvelous to hear that your dog was treated well and there were no mishaps. (I'm terribly anxious about the whole process...on the whole i find it more stressful than getting my visa was! ;)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:29:44 PM by teamaven »

Sponsored Links