Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR new waiting time  (Read 13984 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: ILR new waiting time
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
This time last year they were taking 4 weeks, and I've files of evidence of this.

Vicky

• My Sweetie and Me
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
Faydra, I hope you get it sooner. I sent mine off at the end of feb and got mine last week, so it took 5 weeks. ~

Faydra, keep us posted as to when you get your new visa.

Don't worry I will.  I'm trying to catch up on all my UK-Yankee messages lol

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »
I'll have to make some pdf's of the links, especially the SET(O).  That one apparently fell through the cracks. 

It rather makes an awkward position for them if they continue to assert that nothing has changed.  They were caught out in a bold-faced lie on long residence, and if they are caught out here...  Well, we'll see... 

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
Holy crap, six MONTHS?  They can't reasonably expect someone to be without identification for that long, can they?

Or can you use the Nationality Checking Service for ILR applications?
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »
Holy crap, six MONTHS?  They can't reasonably expect someone to be without identification for that long, can they?

Or can you use the Nationality Checking Service for ILR applications?

Nope. You can do in person though. For an extra fee of course. :(
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• My blog!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
I'll have to make some pdf's of the links, especially the SET(O).  That one apparently fell through the cracks. 

I would be glad to generate some PDFs.  Let me take care of that, if you worry about rubbing the right people's noses in it.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
I really hope this is not real..
I have applied for Set (O) on 30/01/09... parent exercising the right to access yo a child.
My work is giving me static already... cant imagine 6 months..

I really hope this is not true..

Wonder about the applications already submittied...?
I guess if they are saying this has always been the case.. its not good news..

• My blog!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
Realise that this change shouldn't affect processing times.  So please don't worry to much, but it directly affects the accountability of UKBA.  Right now, we are seeing times around 4 weeks for processing of postal settlement applications, as Vicky said.  We have examples of people who are in that timeframe.

Few people on this board have seen anything in excess of 14 weeks.  14-15 weeks top.  The problem is UKBA simply has stopped promising anything faster, which worries all of us.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

• Banned

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:01 PM »
Realise that this change shouldn't affect processing times.  So please don't worry to much, but it directly affects the accountability of UKBA.  Right now, we are seeing times around 4 weeks for processing of postal settlement applications, as Vicky said.  We have examples of people who are in that timeframe.

Few people on this board have seen anything in excess of 14 weeks.  14-15 weeks top.  The problem is UKBA simply has stopped promising anything faster, which worries all of us.

Just to clarify, I haven't seen any 4 week turnarounds for some time.  Most are going at around the 10 week mark...though most of mine are not straight foreward.

Vicky

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
Well.. I am going on week 10... will let you know..

Cheers all

• My blog!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
Hehehehe...  I am sending this one to Garry in my report too, but looking at the modified page (which is supposedly the same as it always has been) there is a link to a "see also" which is the report on how they are doing: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/reports/chargedandnonchargedperformance/

If you look at the PDF reports, the first page lists the old waiting times service comittments...  Golly gee, how did that happen?  I have typed up a whole report for Garry and am passing it to him now.
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
Kitson, many thanks for your work!

I'm back.   :D

The JCWI was planning to do something about this next week.  They propose in the interim to review UK-Yankee's complaint with a view towards either collaborating on it or lodging an additional complaint from their other constituencies. 

Based upon this, my view would be to proceed towards lodging the complaint formally, and if JCWI wants in we can discuss it next week.  Or if they want to just refer to it in their own complaint, they can do that also. 

ILPA's callback after lunch.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:21:34 AM by garry »

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »
Update.

First of all, I have just learned that ILPA has just finished a very successful negotiation with VSD on processing times for entry clearances.  It hasn't been announced, and I was unaware of this development  :-[  But I assume someone on the economic side was leading on some of the bigger issues and this just happened to come up.  So there's new service standards at VSD which are favourable to us.

Next.  To the issue at hand, they will circulate an advisory to UK practitioners and get a feel for the impact.  Passing along their thanks to UKY for having been alert enough to spot this! 

Based upon this feedback, I would suggest keeping our powder dry until we get a feel for its impact from the legal community. 

Internet nitpicks are asked to go over the UKBA business plan and customer service strategy in detail.   Those are on the UKBA site.

Over to you, Kitson.

• My blog!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
Ok, I will do some more detailed research in the Customer Service Strategy and Business Plan.  The last time I tried to find the details I got bounced around the Internet between HO and pratically every other Governmental department with little links that said "that is over here now, no it is over here now".  >:(  I will be a little more dogmatic this time though.  Probablly move this discussion over to Advocacy as well...
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
Not just by yourself.  There are some extraordinarily capable nitpickers in UKY who I hope would lend a hand if they knew where to look.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:00:26 PM by garry »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab