Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Masters done in Spain qualify for a Tier 1?  (Read 388 times)

• Liked: 1
Masters done in Spain qualify for a Tier 1?
« on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:11 AM »
Hi,

I am working on qualifying for the tier 1 visa in the next year (savings and all that) and the new Masters' rule has thrown me. After reading the other thread about getting 0 points for certain US masters, I went to the calculater on UKBA site and input my Masters information- it was done at University of Salamanca (Spain) in "Spanish Language and Culture". You may know that I am currently a French teacher and my BA is in French Language and Culture.

Now, as far as "further specialization" goes, will that apply in this case since it's not a US Masters? Or is it exempt since I did a European Masters? If it does apply, is Spanish considered further specialization since it's still languages or does it not count because it's a different language than my BA?

TIA!
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Masters done in Spain qualify for a Tier 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:08:57 AM »
What did the points calculator say?  That is the only way your question can be answered.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 05:41:04 AM »
It awarded the points. But it didn't really ask if it was further specialization (as far as I remember). Just where, how long and what I studied...
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:48:41 AM »
Then don't worry.  You can't apply the rules for US degrees to every country.  If the table gives the points then you are fine.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »
That is awesome! Thank you, Vicky!! :)

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• If you take my breath away...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »
Yay Beth!  :)

You've had quite the uphill struggle and I'm very happy that it's working out for you  ;D
...the whole damn thing will turn
and return redefined, rearranged, rearranged...

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »
Thanks, Holly! I still need to qualify for the salary level points (I'm just about there, depending on the daily exchange rate unfortunately) since I can't claim any other points- age, previous living/working/studying in the UK, etc...

Hey, at least I don't have to worry about getting the English language qualification points! lol Bright side, right?

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab