Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current Food Obsession?  (Read 93058 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Current Food Obsession?
« Reply #465 on: July 09, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
Anything and everything that is coming out of the garden. I add a salad to every meal, even if it seems like an odd combination. I can't seem to get enough steamed veggies or baked squash either.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 0
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
Our current food obsession is making things from scratch that we usually buy. So far we've made tortilla wraps, marshmallows, tomato soup, pasta (lasagna, ravioli, tagliatelli) taco seasoning, hamburgers (including mincing the meat) bread and other stuff.

Some things are great others just make me appreciate I can easily buy them, haha x

« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Picasso went through a blue period, I am in a risotto period, expressing myself artistically via grand combinations of carnaroli with sausages and peppers, or asparagus and lemon and Parmesan, or chicken and mushroom and spinach. My husband and I have become obsessed with the possibilities and permutations, and Risotto Night! (always with an exclamation point) has turned into a weekly thing.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #468 on: July 20, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »
Veggie wraps. I just made one with red pepper hummous, rocket, cucumbers, spring onion, havarti cheese, and sliced red peppers. I use the homemade flour tortillas from Trader Joe's. So delicious!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #469 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »
Ice cream. I can't stop making (and eating) ice cream. Last week was peanut butter & Nutella, and this week is lemon, orange and mint.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #470 on: July 20, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
Voodoo Nachos from J. Gumbo's. They are made with the meat from the Voodoo chicken meal, which is one of the hottest dishes on the menu, served over tortilla chips, and you can get them dressed with sour cream, jalapenos and/or onion.

They are at the extreme limit of my food heat tolerance, but I just can't get enough of them.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #471 on: August 08, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
pain au chocolat....I do hope this wears off soon, though!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #472 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
Dh bought me several bags of choc covered pretzels from a American Import store they were dirt cheap so he bought me sheds loads of them. There called Flipz you can get them at ASDA now not sure if they are American made though. Doesn't do much good for my diet though. ::)  :P

« Reply #473 on: August 15, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
mmmmmm even after listen about chocolates, muffins etc you must have our mouth with a lot of water filled in naturally but unfortunately we cannot eat them in huge amount because they contains a huge amount of fat.

• Y'all watch out! Here I come.
« Reply #474 on: August 27, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »
Our current food obsession is making things from scratch that we usually buy. So far we've made tortilla wraps, marshmallows, tomato soup, pasta (lasagna, ravioli, tagliatelli) taco seasoning, hamburgers (including mincing the meat) bread and other stuff.

Some things are great others just make me appreciate I can easily buy them, haha x

I've been on this kick for a few years now, YL, since I had kids, and I will say it does get easier with time. It sure is a pain not having anything in boxes on hand, though.  Especially since we realized my littlest is Gluten and Dairy sensitive.

Picasso went through a blue period, I am in a risotto period, expressing myself artistically via grand combinations of carnaroli with sausages and peppers, or asparagus and lemon and Parmesan, or chicken and mushroom and spinach. My husband and I have become obsessed with the possibilities and permutations, and Risotto Night! (always with an exclamation point) has turned into a weekly thing.

Lol, me too.  I think it's been on the menu about 12 times this summer so far.  I'm OBSESSED.
4 December 2005--Met in ATL, Moved in together
July 2006--First visit to the UK, met his Mum
Feb 2007--Eloped and told everyone we were engaged ;)
May 2007--Wedding, Part 1 in Pine Mountain, GA;
Sept 2007--Wedding, Part 2 in Scarborough, UK
Nov ‘08–1st Child
May ‘10–2nd Child
June 2013--Decided to move to the UK!
July 2013-Jan 2016–family tragedies. Delayed move
April ‘15–3rd Child
2019...planning again
January 2022–applying for visa!
Goal: Get Eldest in UK school by year 9!
Hopefully moving to Malvern June 2022

« Reply #475 on: August 27, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
Homemade guacamole by the bucket load! (ok, that quantity may be a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one!) But I can't believe I spent the first 40 years of my life loathing and detesting the taste of avocado! What am I like???
Let them eat cupcakes!

Officially Britishly since August 2013

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »
I have been making a gorgeous porridge with pinhead oats, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and apple butter for breakfast. Heaven.    
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #477 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
Raisin bran and sliced banana with strawberry yogurt stirred in.

― Dr. Seuss

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #478 on: October 05, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »
I have been making a gorgeous porridge with pinhead oats, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and apple butter for breakfast. Heaven.    
That sounds really good!  Just don't ever make porridge with buttermilk in it--gross!  :-X
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 585
« Reply #479 on: October 06, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
Ikea cinnamon rolls.  :\\\'(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab