Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Breakdown cover...any ideas??  (Read 621 times)

• Liked: 0
Breakdown cover...any ideas??
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:33:09 PM »
I am needing some Breakdown cover and not sure which company offers the best service.  Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thank you,
Danielle

Re: Breakdown cover...any ideas??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:43:23 PM »
I use Direct Line, cos it was cheapest.  Luckily... touch wood... i have never had to call them out!

In the past I used AA.  I was happy enough with the service, but unfortunately my old Jeep Cherokee was a total piece of sh*t, and i had to call AA out several times over the course of a year... maybe 5 or 6 times?   I ended up getting a snotty letter from them saying that they were going to start charging me for callouts because i had abused the service!!   :o

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 04:34:59 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will look Direct Line up.  Isn't breakdown cover suppose to be used for helping your car??  Crazy they were going to cancel you.  I guess it is like any insurance, you can not claim too much or you are canceled.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 04:53:09 PM »
DH has RAC and likes them but I think they may all have levels of cover. 2-3 call outs at one level 4-6 at another, etc. Depending upon the state of your car should help you decide.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 04:59:47 PM »
DH has RAC and likes them but I think they may all have levels of cover. 2-3 call outs at one level 4-6 at another, etc. Depending upon the state of your car should help you decide.

thanks for the input.  I am use to AAA in the states, they come out as much as you need them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 07:33:16 AM by Maddierose »

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 06:19:10 PM »

thanks for the input.  I am us to AAA in the states, they come out as much as you need them.

AAA in California starts charging you after the third call in a calendar year. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab