Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Job Networking  (Read 607 times)

• Liked: 0
Job Networking
« on: May 18, 2005, 11:12:30 PM »
Hi.  I am relatively new here.  A few may recall a post I made several months ago regarding my work permit status after resigning from my company.  Happy to say that I finally received the HSMP Visa and can now work and live here without company sponsorship, which is a big relief.

As part of my job search strategy I have been contacting numerous recruiting agencies, going directly to companies of interest, responding to internet postings, and networking with former colleagues here in the UK.  Problem is that in the 3 years I have been here all my contacts are from one organization and many of them have been with that organization for as many or more years, so the scope is fairly limited. 

I thought about reaching out here to see if there is possibly anyone who works in Financial Services that might be in a position to offer some guidance or know of someone else who might be looking to hire someone with a project management background in operations and technology.  I have an MBA, global experience from NA, Europe, and Asia and have worked on and led post-merger integration and de-merger projects as well as managed a program of investments for equities research technology.  A Business Management role is my ideal next step but I would be open to considering any number of opportunities.

Any and all feedback is appreciated

• Ursula's Not So Secret History
Re: Job Networking
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »
Have you tried professional organizations?  Or perhaps reaching out to other through your University's alumni association?

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:01:44 AM »
No, I haven't tried my alumni associations.  Great suggestion.  Thanks for your help.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:31:51 AM »
I know a fellow American guy who can help you as he's experienced with IT/Project Management with a leading
UK energy company. Please contact me if you are still in this predicament ASAP.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab