Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone in the tourism industry?  (Read 493 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone in the tourism industry?
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:34:33 PM »
I have been thinking very long and hard about what to do with my life. I have come to the conclusion that tourism is what I want to do. As I am still hoping my DH, David, will come around and we will move back to the UK, I thought being a travel agent would be a good job choice as I could take the career with me to the UK. I would not need any more education as if I would be a teacher. My question is... Am I right in thinking this? While I was living in the UK back in 1995, I had almost had a job in a local agency until I became deathly ill with my pregnancy. I was unable to talk more with the owner about this. I had no schooling for it, but as I was American they thought I would be good in providing info and selling to the customers looking to go to the states. 

Re: Anyone in the tourism industry?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
I worked as a corporate travel consultant for a few years when I lived in the USA until I got deathly ill with my pregnancy! A few years later I started working for the airlines.
When I moved here not an agency would touch me as I had very little knowledge of anything but US domestic travel information. Im hoping in a few years when Jack starts school to go back to American Airlines.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab