Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How do I prove I WASN'T working????  (Read 982 times)

• Liked: 0
How do I prove I WASN'T working????
« on: April 29, 2005, 01:27:37 AM »
Ok, I got a letter from the UK tax people yesterday pretty much accusing me of working during the month I was here visiting my ex-boyfriend (we were dating at the time) last summer.  :o I didn't work! I didn't even think about working. I had just survived finals at uni, and I really needed some down time.

I filled out the form, sent them a letter explaining that I was just here on holiday for a month, and sent the copies of my passport stamps/Bunac visa to show them when I was in England. (I'm here working for 6 months through BUNAC) I also offered to get my tax records/income slips sent over from the states if need be. I thought about trying to get my ex/people I knew last summer to write letters saying I wasn't working.

I posted the info. today, so now I just get to wait and see what happens.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

Re: How do I prove I WASN'T working????
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »
Can you document how you paid for yourself while living here?  Money you brought with you, credit card bills (on a US credit card, I suppose), etc.?

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 05:38:32 PM »
I filled out the form they sent me, and sent in copies of my passport with my entry/exit dates. (for some reason last summer when I went back to America, the govenment stamped my passport) I haven´t heard anything back since then, so hopefully it´s sorted.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 09:11:09 PM »
The basic law of "innocent until proven guilty" still applies here, even though there are those who would like it to be otherwise.

You told the authorities you weren't working, and that should be an end to it.    If they don't believe you, there's nothing they can do unless they have evidence to the contrary.     I wouldn't worry about it.

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab