Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: English husbands  (Read 14083 times)

Re: English husbands
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2004, 05:43:41 PM »
My Welsh husband is quiet...and it's rubbed off on me!  Growing up my mom nicknamed me "motor-mouth", and now she even sees the change in me.  I like being more quiet.  I used to be somewhat the stereotypical American - loud - obnoxious.

Oh me too Jacky!
I have spent nearly 20 years with various quiet Scottish boyfriends and husbands, and their quietness has definitely rubbed off on me....  a definite change for the better!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2004, 06:15:41 PM »
I never want to be one of those geriatric couples you see in pubs, who stare off into space and never speak, while quietly sipping their drinks.... :-X
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Banned

• Liked: 0
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2004, 06:35:39 PM »
I never want to be one of those geriatric couples you see in pubs, who stare off into space and never speak, while quietly sipping their drinks.... :-X
Well it's not like that at all! LOL the generalization of it all.  ::) 

It's more like we don't HAVE to talk....I find some people just talk for the sake of talking...I know I used to do it....now I don't feel the need to talk if I don't have something to say...there's a difference between that and not speaking to each other at all.
~~ bootlegged, disapproved, excluded, forbidden, hot, illegal, illicit, interdicted, prohibited, proscribed, shut out, smuggled, taboo, unauthorized, unlawful, verboten ~~

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2004, 06:54:13 PM »

Oh me too Jacky!
I have spent nearly 20 years with various quiet Scottish boyfriends and husbands, and their quietness has definitely rubbed off on me....  a definite change for the better!!

Same here, and a big 'Amen' to that!  I find thinking clearly so much easier when it's quiet.

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2004, 07:58:44 PM »

Well it's not like that at all! LOL the generalization of it all.  ::) 

I said geriatric. I dont know your age, but I doubt its what i've witnessed many, many times in the pub...maybe its because they're so old that they've said it all... 

Count me in the "communication" camp of this discussion.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Banned

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2004, 08:50:48 PM »

I'm sorry but this statement is really condescending. What if he DID want to be more sociable but was too shy and being with the right woman helped? What is he just worked on his own self-confidence? What if he finally met people he wanted to socialize with?

People do change. They go up and down. And frankly, people who stay the same are boring IMO. OK, I'm done.

He evidently did. You omitted the last part of my post where I said ir was a good thing.

• Banned

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2004, 08:52:24 PM »

Honestly -- one of the husband unit's friends said to me -- I'm the best thing that's ever HAPPENED to him (and I think  - vice versa) [smiley=love.gif]

Now....if SOMETHING could be said for FIL...  ;)

Like I said, more power to your elbow - or should that be collective elbows ?

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 08:53:13 PM »
chill out people!!!

• Banned

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 08:55:35 PM »
Oh, thank God my husband has changed! 

You mean you didn't like him the way he was ?

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 08:57:13 PM »
Cascode - PLEASE give it a rest!!!

• Banned

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 09:00:37 PM »
I've gotten so I don't care anymore; I wear what I like and the rest be damned.  :o

Good for you.
Conforming to someone elses norms is just for kids.

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 09:02:51 PM »

You mean you didn't like him the way he was ?

Nope.  Hated him.  But I was so desperate for a husband that I took any man I could get and relied on my incredible powers of persuasion to turn him into the perfect husband.  Wasn't that clever of me. 

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 09:04:09 PM »
Nope.  Hated him.  But I was so desperate for a husband that I took any man I could get and relied on my incredible powers of persuasion to turn him into the perfect husband.  Wasn't that clever of me.

*snicker*
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Banned

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2004, 09:04:26 PM »
Cascode - PLEASE give it a rest!!!

Fine, but don't you see my point ?
Just look at the tilte of the thread.

• Banned

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2004, 09:05:29 PM »

Very funny.

Sponsored Links