Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Application Procedure after ILR SET(M) - Reference Doc  (Read 13797 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: Citizenship Application Procedure after ILR SET(M) - Reference Doc
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2023, 05:50:36 PM »
Yes you need to upload before your appointment.
Thank you good to hear! I was starting to wonder if there was a set deadline-a certain number of hours before the bio appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2023, 06:03:29 PM »
Question - at what point do you get access to the links for the referee forms to be signed? I've filled in the part of the application online for the referees' information, but I have yet to see a form or link to a form that can be printed off for a physical signature. I have not yet gone past the questions part of the application though. Didn't want to do that till I had everything gathered and ready to go.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 424
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2023, 06:09:15 PM »
Question - at what point do you get access to the links for the referee forms to be signed? I've filled in the part of the application online for the referees' information, but I have yet to see a form or link to a form that can be printed off for a physical signature. I have not yet gone past the questions part of the application though. Didn't want to do that till I had everything gathered and ready to go.
Hi, the link to print the forms is at the end of the application. I printed off 3 just in case one of my referees wasn’t acceptable I had a backup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2023, 08:20:59 AM »
Hi, the link to print the forms is at the end of the application. I printed off 3 just in case one of my referees wasn’t acceptable I had a backup!

Thank you for this! Been too nervous to finish the question section in case I missed it. :-)
Anyone have any advice on if there is a better internet browser to use? My work sends me links to forms and they will not open in chrome. :-(

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2023, 03:29:49 PM »
Hi all.
So, I've reached the bit of the application where its telling you what documents you need. And for "proof of living in the UK", it says:

"If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof."

That is very classically Home Office vague considering the conversations that we have had in the past regarding the new e-gate system where you won't get a stamp upon returning to the UK anymore. So, is it just referring to the initial entry stamp??? Or does it want all entries to be stamped???

For anyone who has recently had a successful application, has anyone done it with those stamps missing due to the e-gates? Am I just being paranoid??? I've already drafted a cover letter and mentioned that I was always instructed just to go through the e-gates by airport staff and that I could provide other evidence of being present if needed. (I'm sure my employer wouldn't have a problem drafting a letter, but I just don't know if I should ask for it now.)

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2023, 04:15:53 PM »
I just sent in full scans of my original passport with the spousal visa entry and my complete new passport….

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2023, 05:34:08 PM »
I just sent in full scans of my original passport with the spousal visa entry and my complete new passport….

So you've gone on trips and re-entered the UK through e-gates where you don't get your passport stamped??? (Apologies if you've mentioned doing this previously .. its hard to see the screen on my phone right now.)

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2023, 10:38:09 PM »
Yes, several times. The only time I’ve had a stamp was my initial entry

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2023, 03:25:57 PM »
Yes, several times. The only time I’ve had a stamp was my initial entry

Awesome. Thank you so much

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2023, 03:58:59 PM »
Hiya. Sorry but hoping to get clarification on another little thing on this application. When its asking about your previous applications and it asks if it was made in the UK or not. My first spousal visa was made from home and mailed to the Home Office in the UK. If you put "no", it gives suggestions including consulates. Just wanted to verify that I should just put the city where I was living and had my biometrics taken when I applied?

• Liked: 3595
Citizenship Application Procedure after ILR SET(M) - Reference Doc
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2023, 04:08:14 PM »
Hiya. Sorry but hoping to get clarification on another little thing on this application. When its asking about your previous applications and it asks if it was made in the UK or not. My first spousal visa was made from home and mailed to the Home Office in the UK. If you put "no", it gives suggestions including consulates. Just wanted to verify that I should just put the city where I was living and had my biometrics taken when I applied?
What they mean is, were you applying for:
- leave to enter (you were living outside the UK when you applied and didn’t already have a visa for the UK)?
Or
- leave to remain (you were living in the UK and were applying to extend your visa)?

Leave to enter can only be submitted from outside the UK.

Leave to remain can only be submitted from inside the UK.

Therefore:
- your first spousal visa was leave to enter and was NOT made in the UK (you submitted it while living in the US). If you had to mail it to the UK, the relevant consulate would have been Sheffield (these days, it is mailed to NYC, so in that case, the consulate would be New York)
- your FLR(M) visa was leave to remain and WAS made in the UK (you submitted it while living in the UK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 04:11:55 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2023, 04:09:03 PM »
I did, and for FLRM and ILR made from within the UK of course

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2023, 07:11:10 AM »
Thanks so much for that Rick!

Does anyone know why the referee form still says that the photo attached has to have the applicant's full name and date of birth on the back? If we are scanning it into a computer to upload, they can't take the photo off to see it. (Its also stupid as hell considering they say to then GLUE it on.) Is this just a remnant from the old paper way?

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2023, 04:34:36 PM »
Yes it is a remnant from when you mailed it in, however, just attach the photos(which I just used a rolled piece of cello tape) and scan them through. It’s what they ask for so just play along…..you’re almost there

• Liked: 42
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2023, 05:12:21 PM »
Lol yeah I also glued mine

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

Sponsored Links