Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 64489 times)

• Liked: 768
Little Moments of Happiness
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
I'm in Scotland... with a Hawaiian Tropic tan. Epic Summer of 2018.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »
I'm in Scotland... with a Hawaiian Tropic tan. Epic Summer of 2018.

hahaha less weird for me to comment on a fresh thread methinks :)

I too am feeling this tan I've been able to get (although it's more realistic for me to get this than you up in Scotland haha).

my little bit of happiness for today is that with this weather being the way it is, I can dry my clothes outside on the line without them becoming gross and crispy :) it's actually *NICE* having the clothes out on the line in this weather...though I'm not personally digging the humidity.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
My freckles are getting freck-el-ier...  I don't tan.  Just fry.  But I make sure I don't fry!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
hahaha less weird for me to comment on a fresh thread methinks :)

I too am feeling this tan I've been able to get (although it's more realistic for me to get this than you up in Scotland haha).

my little bit of happiness for today is that with this weather being the way it is, I can dry my clothes outside on the line without them becoming gross and crispy :) it's actually *NICE* having the clothes out on the line in this weather...though I'm not personally digging the humidity.
I was just hanging laundry out earlier and was thinking how great it is not to have clothes hanging up all over my flat.

And I booked my flight back home for Thanksgiving. I'll be there for almost 2 weeks.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 05:06:45 PM »
I had a little moment of happiness at work.

We are having real issues trying to get people to complete their timesheets so we know how much it cost to deliver a job.

I sent an email to everyone titled "Time to get your sheet together."  I still giggle everyone someone replies.  Definitely scored some cool points with the younguns downstairs.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »

We are having real issues trying to get people to complete their timesheets so we know how much it cost to deliver a job.

I sent an email to everyone titled "Time to get your sheet together."  I still giggle everyone someone replies.  Definitely scored some cool points with the younguns downstairs.

I definitely would've giggled at that. Brilliant name haha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
"Time to get your sheet together." 

Nice one!  ;D

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »

Aww. That is a moment of happiness!

I'm having an incredibly rough week, but my husband really stepped up. He's made me breakfast and coffee every morning and cooked dinner every night. So sweet!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 07:21:14 PM »
Aww. That is a moment of happiness!

I'm having an incredibly rough week, but my husband really stepped up. He's made me breakfast and coffee every morning and cooked dinner every night. So sweet!

Sorry your having a rough week I hope it gets better! Glad your husbands being sweet ❤️❤️

• Liked: 537
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »
I'm in Wales in an lovely little Cottage called the Bakery near Aberystwyth. The owners left us fresh eggs, fresh bread, butter, milk, jams and dog biscuits for my two crazy sighthounds. How lovely is that?!

This is my husband and my 4th wedding anniversary today, so we're here celebrating.

What an amazing day. 
(The drive was a bit ugh,since our AC was out and it made us grumpy and waspish,but getting here has been amazing)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 09:34:15 PM »
I'm in Wales in an lovely little Cottage called the Bakery near Aberystwyth. The owners left us fresh eggs, fresh bread, butter, milk, jams and dog biscuits for my two crazy sighthounds. How lovely is that?!

This is my husband and my 4th wedding anniversary today, so we're here celebrating.

What an amazing day. 
(The drive was a bit ugh,since our AC was out and it made us grumpy and waspish,but getting here has been amazing)

Oooh, you should visit jfkimberly while you're there!  :D

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 09:36:34 PM »

What an amazing day. 

That sounds incredibly lovely!

Happy anniversary to you both!!! <3

The roads in Wales are insane! haha it's like a roller coaster, I swear!

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 09:42:56 PM »
Oooh, you should visit jfkimberly while you're there!  :D

I thought she was out this way. 😁

Anywhere near Aberystwyth?

That sounds incredibly lovely!

Happy anniversary to you both!!! <3

The roads in Wales are insane! haha it's like a roller coaster, I swear!

It really is. They have a fenced in yard and the dogs are loving it. We have a little patio area with outdoor seating and a grill.

I could move in here. Haha. It's Tiny.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »
I thought she was out this way. 😁

Anywhere near Aberystwyth?

It really is. They have a fenced in yard and the dogs are loving it. We have a little patio area with outdoor seating and a grill.

I could move in here. Haha. It's Tiny.

I absolutely love just getting away from everything every now and then and Wales is an awesome place to do that (and the puppers certainly love it). Bonus points that it has a grill and it's own little outdoor area. Next time you need to go for the jacuzzi upgrade! hahaha We rented a place with friends last year that had a pimp covered Jacuzzi in the back garden bit and I felt like I could stay for ages LOL
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »
My OH and I went to Glasgow this morning...just a day with just the 2 of us, going to various pubs and having a lovely Chinese lunch.  Was so nice to be with him, and not the usual cast of characters...we hardly ever do things just on our own; it's almost always with a group of friends, which is fine, but just nice to have a break from it.

I also managed to gently give him a couple of home truths, and he DIDN'T freak out!  He is a sensitive wee soul and cannot deal with any criticism, however minor or helpful, so this is huge!  :)

Sponsored Links