Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worried about getting back to the UK in our senior years  (Read 14767 times)

• Liked: 37
Re: Worried about getting back to the UK in our senior years
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »
Ksand 24 ...I have downloaded and printed out the following forms
Personal details form VAF4A and appendix 2 VAF4A can you tell me if there are any more forms I need to obtain?and do I post them all at once, or is there any order requirement to this?
Just don't want to mess up.
Also the homeowner in the UK who says we can live with them until such time as we purchase or rent our own place is not a relative, is this a problem as the form doesn't mention friends ?
Met for the first time 2012
Married in the US May 2014
Biometrics for husband 12th June
Package mailed priority  to Sheffield 13th June
Email confirmation from Sheffield 16th June.
Decision received 11th July 😀 17 BD

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »
Ksand 24 ...I have downloaded and printed out the following forms
Personal details form VAF4A and appendix 2 VAF4A can you tell me if there are any more forms I need to obtain?and do I post them all at once, or is there any order requirement to this?
Just don't want to mess up.
Also the homeowner in the UK who says we can live with them until such time as we purchase or rent our own place is not a relative, is this a problem as the form doesn't mention friends ?

You actually don't send VAF4A, you send a print out of the online version of the same form, which is a little different but VAF4a is good to use for practice.
That and appendix 2 are the only forms you need.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply

*Before* you submit your online application, I'd like to suggest that you post a list of the documents you intend to submit with your application so that we can check you have everything you need.

No problem to live with a friend.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:36:37 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
Thank you so much for the information.  I'll be in touch when I have the relevant supporting documents and run them by you first. :)

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »
Thank you so much for the information.  I'll be in touch when I have the relevant supporting documents and run them by you first. :)

No problem.  :)
You can create an account and start filling in the online form any time you like, it allows you to save as you go. Just do not submit/pay for it until you have everything entirely ready to go.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
Hi it's me again...trying to see what documents we need to gather.

I'm looking at the online form and appendix 2 form VAF4A and finding them impossibly confusing for example they refer to the friend offering accommodation as the sponser, but I thought as the UK citizen and spouse that I was the sponser for my husband?

All I can understand is that we need proof of our marriage here in the states and proof of our pensions and a supporting letter from our friend in the UK who is offering accommodation while we flat hunt....surely there are other documents required?
I have a headache already  :(

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »
Hi it's me again...trying to see what documents we need to gather.

I'm looking at the online form and appendix 2 form VAF4A and finding them impossibly confusing for example they refer to the friend offering accommodation as the sponser, but I thought as the UK citizen and spouse that I was the sponser for my husband?

All I can understand is that we need proof of our marriage here in the states and proof of our pensions and a supporting letter from our friend in the UK who is offering accommodation while we flat hunt....surely there are other documents required?

You are the sponsor.  :) It helps if you remember that the form is a "one size fits all" and covers all sorts of different situations. Just take each question at face value and explain in your sponsor letter that you will be living with friends.

You need to prove the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

This is what the guidance says about proving pension income. You must be careful to provide exactly what is asked for.

e) To evidence a pension:

(i) Official documentation from:
        (1) The Department for Work and Pensions (in respect of the Basic State Pension and the Additional or Second State Pension) or other government department or agency, including the Veterans Agency;
        (2) An overseas pension authority; or
        (3) A pension company,
        confirming pension entitlement and amount (and, where applicable, reflecting any funds withdrawn from the pension account or fund).
    (ii) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the pension into the person’s account.
    (iii) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (i), War Disablement Pension, War Widow’s/Widower’s Pension and any other pension or equivalent payment for life made under the War Pensions Scheme, the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the Armed Forces Attributable Benefits Scheme may be treated as a pension, unless excluded under paragraph 21 of this Appendix.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

For the accommodation requirement, you need a letter from your friend granting you and your husband permission to live there when his visa is granted, stating the number of occupants and rooms and that there will be no overcrowding.
You also need proof that they own the property. This can be in the form of a download of the land registry document from here. https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

For the relationship requirement, you do need your marriage certificate but also proof of a joint life together so a selection of joint; bank statements, utility bills, insurance policies, leases/mortgage documents, tax returns, that sort of thing covering the length of your marriage. You will need 2 or 3 pictures of the two of you together and perhaps a couple of cards you have sent each other.
If you have spent any time apart, you should provide evidence of how you stayed in touch, such as phone records or email history.
Don't forget your letter of sponsorship, a certified copy of your passport, your husband's passport, his previous passports, passport photo. Your payment receipt, IHS receipt, stamped biometrics receipt, priority receipt if you choose to use it and return mailing information.
And of course your printed online application and appendix 2. There may be more that I'm missing, this is just off the top of my head.

Remember also, all documents must be original or a certified copy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:57:18 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »

Completely understand. The whole process is a bit of a headache. It helps to be methodical, make a list and check off each item as you obtian it.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 08:50:19 PM »
Phew thank you for such a detailed reply  :)...its pretty much like the immigration information I had to provide for myself here lol :D

I'll do my best to be as diligent and methodical as I can but at this rate it's going to take a while.
Thank you for explaining the sponser issue as that was totally confusing me.

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 09:01:13 PM »
Phew thank you for such a detailed reply  :)...its pretty much like the immigration information I had to provide for myself here lol :D

I'll do my best to be as diligent and methodical as I can but at this rate it's going to take a while.
Thank you for explaining the sponser issue as that was totally confusing me.

You're welcome!  :)
It's best to take your time, this is really something that shouldn't be rushed. It's too expensive to make a mistake for one thing!

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 01:00:57 AM »
The UK spouse is the only person who can sponsor the visa overall, but for the accommodation, you can either rent, own or live with friends or family.

For renting, you have to provide a valid tenancy agreement with the sponsor's name on it, plus a letter from the landlord giving the visa applicant permission to live there.

For owning, you provide your Land Registry document and possibly also your latest mortgage statement.

For living with family/friends, you provide a letter from the homeowner giving permission for you both to live there and stating the home will not be overcrowded, along with their Land Registry document (and possibly mortgage statement too).

See here for more information:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa/maintenance-and-accommodation-maa--2#maa6-accommodation-general-requirements

From MAA10 on that page:
10. MAA10 Legally owned or exclusively occupied

The ECO should consider the basis of the availability and security of tenure of the accommodation. Factors to be taken into account will include:

- the ownership of the property and/or the duration of a lease
- whether any lease enables the tenant to sublet to the couple or take them in as lodgers.

If the accommodation is not owned by the couple (or one of them), the Rules require that there be adequate accommodation which is for their exclusive use. This need not be as elaborate as a self-contained flat. It is acceptable for a couple to live in an existing household, for example, that of a parent, uncle, aunt, sibling or friend, as long as they have at least a bedroom for their exclusive use.

If the couple have children with them there must be additional adequate accommodation for them (see MAA134 for maximum numbers of persons allowed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »
Thank you all for all the guidance I am very grateful.  :)
Does anyone know how I can print out the online form without actually filling it in? Just wanted to take a good look at all the questions and requirements.

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
Thank you all for all the guidance I am very grateful.  :)
Does anyone know how I can print out the online form without actually filling it in? Just wanted to take a good look at all the questions and requirements.

Hi Janette.  :)

You can use this for practice, it's the paper version of the online form.
It's not exactly the same but it'll give you a fair idea.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/274029/VAF4A.pdf

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 06:47:34 PM »
That's brilliant, just what I needed...thanks so much ☺

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
This is appendix 2, which you'll also need. This one you print and complete by hand and include with your application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:49:12 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »
Thank you that's great.  :)

Sponsored Links