Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa to FLR(M) and Passport Changes  (Read 387 times)

Fiance Visa to FLR(M) and Passport Changes
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:09:59 AM »
Im still about 7 months out but I figure its never too early to start on the next step. My fiance visa will expire on September 15th and I am planning on applying for my FLR(M) in person. Could we get married at the beginning of August, change my passport to my married name, and then file for my new visa? I would hate to carry around 2 passports all the time so if I could get my married name passport then file it would be easier. It seems like something I could do, but I am not sure. Do I have to have my visa on me at all times?

Re: Fiance Visa to FLR(M) and Passport Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:58:03 AM »
You don't have to carry your passport at all times...it's actually very unwise to do so. If you need a form of ID, I recommend applying for a Provisional license instead of carrying your passport or Biometric ID card.

It takes about 3-4 weeks to do a passport name change through the US Embassy in London.

If you can get your certified copy of your marriage certificate immediately after you're married then you should have enough time to do a name change/renewal and then post your FLR(M). Just make sure that you post off your documents NO LATER than the day your visa is set to expire and get all the proof of posting and special delivery tracking when you post it.

Re: Fiance Visa to FLR(M) and Passport Changes
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
Thanks WebJ! You are the best!

Sponsored Links