Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412250 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4320 on: March 31, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
It's a sad day today.  :\\\'(

1.  it's my supervisor's last day today... she's got a new job, and I'm going to miss her very much.

2.  Just found out that one of my OH's friends has liver cancer.

3.  Still bitterly disappointed that (due to OH's job), we won't be moving back to Glasgow anytime soon.

4.  Stupit fan-dans have delivered the wrong rug, and I've been waiting all week for them to collect the wrong one and bring the right one. 

5. We're going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow night.... someone who is a really bad cook.  Tries hard, but...really bad.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4321 on: March 31, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
It's a sad day today.  :\\\'(

1.  it's my supervisor's last day today... she's got a new job, and I'm going to miss her very much.

2.  Just found out that one of my OH's friends has liver cancer.

3.  Still bitterly disappointed that (due to OH's job), we won't be moving back to Glasgow anytime soon.

4.  Stupit fan-dans have delivered the wrong rug, and I've been waiting all week for them to collect the wrong one and bring the right one. 

5. We're going to a friend's for dinner tomorrow night.... someone who is a really bad cook.  Tries hard, but...really bad.

That sounds pretty awful all around!

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you that they realise dinner is a disaster and you guys order pizza instead!

• Liked: 21
« Reply #4322 on: March 31, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »
1. I'm going to my husband's friend's wedding on Sunday. Got a cute new clutch and heels for it. My husband is away working overseas (military) until September, so it'll just be me. His friends are all lovely people, but they're more of acquaintances to me. Not like I'm super dependant on my husband or anything, but it's just not the same going to these type of events alone.

2. The wedding's in Cheltenham, so it'll be my first big-ish road trip by myself here. Wish me luck.

3. I've recently discovered Mexicana cheese at Tesco, and it's good stuff. I'd consider it pepper jack.

4. Not looking forward to working with my manager tomorrow. I've had no major beef with her and sometimes she's okay, but I don't like her ways. She's defensive and always thinks she's right, no matter what. Many of my coworkers don't care for her either. My previous manager was great, I was sad when she left! I'm leaving this job beginning of May though, so won't have to contend with it much longer  :)

5. With what I just read above- we're planning on going to Japan next year for our honeymoon! I chose the wedding location, so he got to choose the honeymoon location. At that point we will have been married for 3 years (... life happens), but better late than never right? (We did have a "minimoon" and stayed at a nice resort after the wedding)
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

« Reply #4323 on: April 01, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »

5. With what I just read above- we're planning on going to Japan next year for our honeymoon! I chose the wedding location, so he got to choose the honeymoon location. At that point we will have been married for 3 years (... life happens), but better late than never right? (We did have a "minimoon" and stayed at a nice resort after the wedding)

We eloped (spontaneously) but planned our honeymoon so it was 8 months later.  It was the vacation of a lifetime!  I hope yours is the same.

I'm also VERY grateful for my personalised weather forecast from ksand today!  I would have been very disappointed if I listened to my local weatherman and kept these kids inside all day.  Instead we've been playing in the sun at a farm and burning off all sorts of energy (the kids, I'm sitting on my ass on a bench!).

• Liked: 21
« Reply #4324 on: April 01, 2017, 06:36:37 PM »
We did get a good chunk of wedding money but we reserved it for other things that were a priority for us, not a honeymoon. We knew the honeymoon wouldn't happen for a while. We planned doing it this year, but then found out about my husband's deployment. We're determined it'll happen next year though!
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

« Reply #4325 on: April 07, 2017, 06:42:43 AM »
1.  OH is going to see The Who tonight.  I've got to stay awake to give him a lift home, as he'll miss the last train.

2. Tomorrow I am going to do a home check on behalf of the Scottish Greyhound Sanctuary, for someone that is looking to foster a greyhound.

3.  Been a long week, but I've got the week after Easter off, so looking forward to that.

4.  Couldn't find the right colour of curtains, so bought white, and am going to dye them... wish me luck!

5.  Craving a massive stack of pancakes with butter & syrup for breakfast, but will undoubtedly end up with a protein bar.

Happy Friday, everyone!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:43:45 AM by Albatross »

« Reply #4326 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
1.  I'm looking forward to the glorious weekend that is forecast.  We are going to dig out our planter beds at the front of the house and get weed fabric down and order some stones to put down instead. Our front path and stoop are being re-done the week after Easter, so looking forward to the front of the house getting some much needed TLC.

2.  Finally got oil for our new lawn mower, so can't wait to get the grass cut!

3.  I've been batch cooking every evening this week trying to fill our freezer with yummy foods, so after baby arrives we have options to eat!  Allergy family so can't just order a take away easily.  Today's batch cook is ENCHILADAS.  YUMMM.  Sadly I have to make three kinds.  Normal for me, gluten-free for my husband, and dairy-free for our daughter.  PLEASE let this kid not have any allergies (I'm convinced he'll be allergic to eggs - cuz that would screw us over).

4.  We're going to work on potty training this weekend (the kid, not me).  My child is super stubborn.  I'm sure our neighbors will appreciate the half naked toddler running around our garden all weekend.  ;)

5. My husband was coming down with the sniffles yesterday so we'll see how moany he is this weekend.   :P

• Liked: 19
« Reply #4327 on: April 07, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »
1. Going to chill today as I have to work this weekend. Of course the best weekend we have had in a while and I am stuck watching it go by.

2. Looking forward to my holiday next week time to get some spring cleaning done.

3. Going to try a new recipe for beef stew that's suppose to be healthy for you tonight.

4. Excited about my weigh in as my pants are practically falling down over my hips :)

5.  My teenage son is at college for a long day so it will be quiet for several hours. I know sounds horrible but he is trying his best not to get a job and keeps trying to come up with excuses why he can't...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4328 on: April 07, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »
1. I got to spend the late morning with some football legends at an event at  Bolton Wanderers Football Club. I just loved it!!
2. I found some cinnamon toaster waffles today that I had to have.
3. I'm looking forward to finishing up some knitted easter chicks tonight to fit over Kinder eggs for my nephews.
4. Looking forward to what's meant to be a very sunny and warm weekend ahead and trying to think of a good beer garden to bask in.
5. I am meant to be writing a 1000 word review on a projector, but I am procrastinating greatly.

« Reply #4329 on: April 14, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
1.  Didn't go to Good Friday church service today.  I normally do, but I just wasn't feeling it today.  :(

2.  Watched 'King of Kings' on TV instead.  ;)

3.  Going with OH & friends tomorrow to Musselburgh, to our favourite pub.

4.  Stopping for breakfast on the way -- pancakes, maple syrup & bacon at Bill's.

5.  Dyed my hair this afternoon.  It's way too dark and looks awful.  Really should leave this sort of thing to the professionals.

« Reply #4330 on: April 14, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
1.  Wishing and hoping the sun will make an appearance sometime this weekend

2.  Had a bad week with the NHS and my pregnancy (sonographer refused to do the growth scan ordered by the consultant obstetrician).  Ready to be done now.  Sick of fighting for care at every turn.

3.  Last weekend my daughter decided she doesn't want to wear a nappy anymore.  Which is great and she's doing great, but I just don't have any energy at the moment.

4.  Had a nice afternoon dying Easter eggs with a fellow American and her daughter who live locally. 

5.  Wednesday our front stoop is being raised 8 inches and we can't wait!  Me for the safety aspect for our kids and parents (it's a deadly drop out of the house currently), my husband for the aesthetics of the new stones (which will be a big improvement).

« Reply #4331 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
1.  Front stoop looks amazing!!

2.  I have an induction date if I don't go into natural labor before then (3 weeks from today)!  I do hope I'll go naturally (I did with my daughter), but being able to plan childcare for my daughter is a huge advantage of the induction.

3.  Date night tonight!  Finally seeing Beauty and the Beast and going to a steakhouse for dinner.  Let's hope the heartburn stays away.

4.  I spent last night trying to explain to my husband that the purpose of paternity leave is to help the new mother after recovery from birth and to get to know the new baby.  Not do 150 projects around the house and garden...  pretty sure it fell on deaf ears!   ::)

5.  I'm bored.  Mentally there are so many things I want to be doing.  I have the time right now.  But physically I get tired quickly and end up sitting on my bum all day long.  Except at lunchtime when I take a nap.   ;D

« Reply #4332 on: April 21, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.  Been off work all this week, and have really enjoyed just relaxing at home.

2.  Tomorrow I'm going to the Glasgow University Veterinary Medicine school's annual fundraising event.  I will be volunteering on the greyhound rescue's stall.

3.  The Flash advert with the singing dog (labradoodle maybe?) is still making me laugh all these months later.

4.  My partner turns 60 in June, and wanted to have a party here at home.  I hated the idea, but as it was for his birthday, I said ok.  This week he told me that he's going to Dusseldorf instead... I am OVER-JOYED that I no longer have to do all the planning and preparation for this party!!!

5.  OMG...im watching Judge Judy at the moment, and this woman is suing her dog-groomer for $5000 for cutting her Lhasa-apso's hair too short!!!  Unbelievable.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4333 on: April 21, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
It's been a bit of a rough day for me but some positives.

1. Found a pair of Kurt Geigers at the charity shop for a fiver.
2. I have been up since 6:30 to get work done  then got a big job sent to me only for the files not to work and because of the time difference of who sent them to me, I haven't been able to work on it. Might be a late night for me.
3. Had to drop off a blood pressure monitor at the hospital today. The staff there in this department couldn't be nicer. I thought they would be annoyed I had to take it off early (was meant to be for 24 hours but it was actually hurting me) but they were totally understanding.
4. Gogglebox is on tonight and I love that show.
5. I made the most amazing carrot cake this week if I do say so myself and there is a piece left waiting for me to finish my week with!

« Reply #4334 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:06 PM »
4. Gogglebox is on tonight and I love that show.

Me too!
I wish Rev Kate was still on it... I have a bit of a girl-crush on her, and want her to be my best friend!

Sponsored Links