Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Self-serve checkout etiquette?  (Read 7584 times)

• Liked: 6112
Re: Self-serve checkout etiquette?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
I like to pick my own produce and check dates so online shopping's not for me but I avoid the crowds by shopping early in the morning.

Seriously though... people are mean where you all live.. where I am we let folk go ahead of us if we have a huge cart full and they only have a few items!  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »
I like to pick my own produce and check dates so online shopping's not for me but I avoid the crowds by shopping early in the morning.

Seriously though... people are mean where you all live.. where I am we let folk go ahead of us if we have a huge cart full and they only have a few items!  :)

Same where I live.  I have let people go ahead of me, and I have been let ahead.  It's friendly out here.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 958
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »

I am 100% confident I'm in the wrong part of the country for me after almost 2 years here. People are mean, in so many places. That's why I made my initial comment about being on the end of a tirade. I've seen it happen to so many people for such small things. I've been on the receiving end of it for wearing a mask that allows me to breathe in public. My husband pointed out that all the negative things that also exist in the US are just so much closer here, but I think it's more than that. I need to spend time in more areas to see where we should consider moving next, probably once I have citizenship. In the meantime my friend just got an allotment so I have a place to plant things and keep her company somewhere we both can breathe.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »
In the meantime my friend just got an allotment so I have a place to plant things and keep her company somewhere we both can breathe.

Glad you have that.  :)  I always feel better after spending some time gardening, it's a great mood elevator!

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 07:49:43 AM »
Who walks up to someone and has a go at them for wearing a mask?  I’m often bemused and privately judgemental about people wearing those , but at least I recognise that other people can make their own choices and have their own reasons so they can do what they like. And it makes no real difference to me so maybe I can just keep my unfounded opinions to myself and be nice.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:03 AM »

I used to do online shopping almost exclusively, but that was only because of my weight-related mobility problems and the fact we were up a few flights of stairs.

Now I've lost weight (just over 9 stone so far!  ;D ) and am feeling better and moving about so much better, I actually go into the supermarket now, and it is great to be able to check dates and stuff.  But I still use the self-service tills because I just want to get in and out, and don't really want to make small-talk with the checkout people. 

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
I used to do online shopping almost exclusively, but that was only because of my weight-related mobility problems and the fact we were up a few flights of stairs.

Now I've lost weight (just over 9 stone so far!  ;D ) and am feeling better and moving about so much better, I actually go into the supermarket now, and it is great to be able to check dates and stuff.  But I still use the self-service tills because I just want to get in and out, and don't really want to make small-talk with the checkout people.

Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss! You are amazing!  :D

I hear you! I know they are just being friendly but sometimes it feels like I'm being interrogated at the checkouts!   ;D

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

9 stone?!??  Wow Albatross!  Been wondering how it was going.  Amazing update!

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2019, 09:19:15 AM »
Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss! You are amazing!  :D

Well, my surgeon was amazing... nothing to do with me!

I hear you! I know they are just being friendly but sometimes it feels like I'm being interrogated at the checkouts!   ;D

It's not even so much *them*, it's me!  I feel like once I get going, it's hard to stop talking, and I know I will say something stupid!  So it's best if I don't even get started...

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2019, 10:15:26 AM »
These all sound like they come from America, 

Probably. To be fair, I didn't read them. Just quickly googled. 

I still miss having my groceries bagged for me.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh such a luxury, amazing. And at Publix, when they would push the trolley out to your car for you, just because. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 10:26:55 AM »
Well, my surgeon was amazing... nothing to do with me!

Nice try.  Surgery is *not* an easy way out.  You still have to do all the hard work.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 10:34:00 AM »
These all sound like they come from America, with all that talk of bringing trolleys and conveyer belts.  The only self checkouts I have ever seen are cramped and you would have a mess trying to use a trolley.

Asda have lanes for trolleys and conveyor belts.

• Liked: 723
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »
9 stone?!??  Wow Albatross!  Been wondering how it was going.  Amazing update!

That is fantastic. Well done indeed.

Need to change the member name from Albatross to Sparrow?
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 958
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:43 AM »
Who walks up to someone and has a go at them for wearing a mask?  I’m often bemused and privately judgemental about people wearing those , but at least I recognise that other people can make their own choices and have their own reasons so they can do what they like. And it makes no real difference to me so maybe I can just keep my unfounded opinions to myself and be nice.
Why are you judgemental about someone protecting their health? Can guarantee that most have legitimate reasons for wearing them and don't actually want to stick out like a sore thumb. Would you prefer we are all homebound? I know many people who actually are because they've been so verbally assaulted when wearing masks they can't face the judgment. Acceptance would be nice.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »
Why are you judgemental about someone protecting their health? Can guarantee that most have legitimate reasons for wearing them and don't actually want to stick out like a sore thumb. Would you prefer we are all homebound? I know many people who actually are because they've been so verbally assaulted when wearing masks they can't face the judgment. Acceptance would be nice.

Note that Jimbo said he is privately judgemental.  I know I've had unkind thoughts for various reasons about people I've seen out and about, and I know I am definitely cause for unkind thoughts from other people.  We all do it.  If we're not expressing unkindness, that's enough.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab