Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life in the UK Test  (Read 350 times)

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
  • Liked: 0
Life in the UK Test
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
Well at last we have finally talked to someone at the test center and they have talked to their manager and agreed that 1 of them will sit with me to assist me with the test they have also agreed that Sonya and my PA can sit just by the door so that if I am in need of personal assistance they can come into the room and help me.

Whilst I am still waiting for other sources to get back to me ie my MP and her office with the answer to this question at least I am some what happy to have had some help off the staff at the center even if it did take along time in coming.

Vicky when we get a response off Jackie Smith I will let you know what she says or the people she has got intouch with.

Indy

I am taking my test on the 26th of Feb 08
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Life in the UK Test
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »
I am delighted that this has finally been sorted out..though I guess it would have been better if you had got an exemption!

Vicky

• Fehr Trade
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »
I'm glad to hear they finally saw sense (or an impending disability act lawsuit!)! Good luck with the test and memorising all those stupid statistics you'll forget directly afterwards... :)
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
I am not really bothered at the moment lol about the exemption bit come back on that once I take the test, I have been studying hard however nerves getting the better of me and being with people that are unfamiliar can cause me a little bit of stress and I do have a bit of a panic sometimes I have no idea why that is, however at least it lets other people know it can be done and they can with some mention of discrimination act and positive discrimination meaning they have to give you the extra support even if they say they did not know it works wonders though I am sad to see those who set this all up have left such an obvious grey area for those who are disabled leaving them disadvantaged in such away.

Once we have done this and I hope get my ILR I think Sonya will be seeking redress for this and will be following up on the discrimination aspects of all of this, she is very into it and doing this for the most part for her course so it will be something she will enjoy getting her teeth into she loves a challenge and I guess these people really should know the laws and legislations after all they put them in place.

Thankyou for your support.

Will let you know how I get on.  :-\\\\

Are there lots of questions on statistics its my least fav of all of the questions errrrrrrrrrrr. Pulling my hair out lol.
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

Sponsored Links