Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting Documents  (Read 432 times)

• Liked: 0
Supporting Documents
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:25:33 AM »
Hi Everyone

I go for my biometrics tomorrow and just wanted a last check at my supporting documents to see if everything looks ok

Any questions or comments are very much appreciated

Here is the list

List of supporting documents

Sponsors documents
•   Certified copy of Passport
•   Certified copy of bank statement
•   Certified copy of utility bill Wessex Water Services Ltd.
•   Certified copy of Mortgage
•   Certified Copy of P60 End of Year Certificate
•   Certified copy of Employment I.D.
•   Copy of Bournemouth council tax receipt
•   Copy of South West Trains Pay Stub
•   Letter from Sponsor

Applicant’s documents
•   Original Passport
•   Original expired Passport
•   Original Birth Certificate
•   Original W-2 Tax form
•   Bank Statements
•   Employer Pay receipt
•   Biometric Information
•   Resume C.V.

Additional documents
•   Original Marriage Certificate
•   Certified Marriage License
•   Cards letters from sponsor
•   Calling cards used for communication
•   Pictures from wedding and other trips

• Liked: 1
Re: Supporting Documents
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 03:49:07 AM »
I dont see a budget included here... while this is not mandatory, it is recommended.  Also, the applicant doesnt need to include his/her birth certificate as their passport is being sent.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »
Some people have included flight receipts of your trips seeing one another, good list going though
Exchange student visa 08/02 | Bunac visa 05/03 | Student visa 08/03 | Work visa 07/07  |  Married Stateside 27/09/09 | Spousal visa 04/11/09 | Returned to UK 5/12/09 | Settlement Visa (ILR) via post 05/12 | British Citizenship Checking Appointment 13/06/13 | Payment/Process notification 18/06/13 | British Citizenship approved 28/06/13 | Ceremony 21/08/2013 BRITISH CITIZEN!

• Live every week like it's Shark Week.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:54:59 AM »
 I wondered if I should send some sort of receipt from my flights or ticket stub, but wouldn't the stamps in ones passport tell the same story as a ticket stub?
Here we go:

17 AUG 2009- Applied online
20 AUG 2009- Biometrics
24 Aug- Sent everything to expediter
26 Aug-Application taken to consulate
26 Aug-Fiancee visas approved!!!
 2 Sep-Moved to UK!

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
I dont see a budget included here... while this is not mandatory, it is recommended.  Also, the applicant doesnt need to include his/her birth certificate as their passport is being sent.

While I appreciate the advice, I would ask WHO "recommends" it? You? After processing my application on Saturday this is what they sent me and told me what is required.....not "recommended".

The following supporting documents are required:
* your current passport
* your old passport or a copy of it
* If you are in the US - Valid US Immigration Status (originals not copies) e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Advance Parole Document, H1B visa, F1 with I-20 etc
* evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months
* your original marriage or civil partnership certificate
* evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.
* evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.
* evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email, telephone bills, etc.
* If you are in the US - Valid US Immigration Status (originals not copies) e.g. Permanent Resident Card, Advance Parole Document, H1B visa, F1 with I-20 etc
* If you are resident in another country dealt with by the British Consulate-General in New York and are not a citizen of that country please submit evidence of your legal immigration status
* One recent colour passport photograph (not more than six months old) Please note: scanned or copies of photos are not acceptable
* completed online application form
* a written invitation from your sponsor in the UK and original or certified copy of their British/EU passport or UK residence permit
* After you have attended your appointment please send your documents to: British Consulate General, New York, 845 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022
* Immigration status (Original not copy):e.g. Permanent residence card, Valid I-94 H1-B - L-1 - B-1 I-20 (Signed on reverse side) IAP-66 Employment authorisation card with advance parole document

No where there does it say "recommended" about anything. Now obviously I meet all the requirements listed above and adding a little more wont ever hurt to satify the ECO, but if I listened to the "recommended" advice on here sometimes I would have to send a large filing cabinet full of documents.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »

While I appreciate the advice, I would ask WHO "recommends" it? You? After processing my application on Saturday this is what they sent me and told me what is required.....not "recommended".

No where there does it say "recommended" about anything. Now obviously I meet all the requirements listed above and adding a little more wont ever hurt to satify the ECO, but if I listened to the "recommended" advice on here sometimes I would have to send a large filing cabinet full of documents.

Well then, if that's the case why are you asking for advice on here then? If that's the list you got sent, then go with that--don't ask for advice then get mad when someone gives you a recommendation. And the key to a recommendation is you can choose to do it, or not do it--it's not the same as a requirement. She was just throwing the idea out there for you to consider, she wasn't telling you that you *had* to do it, just that many people do because it takes very little time to write up a household budget and can better help the ECO to see what your finances are like.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:50 AM »
Thanks KF.  Good luck Jim.

Danger - I inlcuded a few itineraries that I had saved in my inbox to show travel back and forth, but apparently my recommendations are worth nothing, so do whatever you think is best.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
I included e-ticket receipts for my flights, and for DH's. 

Jim, if you are clearly a millionaire, or at least have proof of a generous and steady income plus lots of savings, then you don't need a budget. If your finances are in any way tight, then having one can only help you. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Heart...Captured
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
Any questions or comments are very much appreciated

but if I listened to the "recommended" advice on here sometimes I would have to send a large filing cabinet full of documents.

Why did you bother to ask then?

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »

You can send in ONLY the required documents, that's fine and you shouldn't have any problems, but many people do include a budget.  How are your finances?  If you and your spouse make well over the £100.95/wk after bills, then you probably don't need to worry so much about a budget.  But if you're pushing it close to the line, a budget could help.

One thing I didn't see in your list (and I'm not 100% sure if this is a requirement or just a recommendation I've read on here) was a letter from the applicant.

AFAIK, the applicant doesn't need to send their CV or birth certificate, but again, it can't hurt the application.
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab