Hello

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shorter answer is yes.

(my wife and I are in the process of doing the same thing)

Assuming you are on the spousal route, you can apply for UK citizenship as soon as you have ILR (as long as you meet the 3 year residency requirement). The citizenship application takes around 6 months to process, then you have 3 months to attend a citizenship ceremony, then you can get a UK passport. There are other threads on here describing this process.

I am a UKC. I applied for my 'green card'. Steps are outlined here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html First step was the i-130 petition. This took FOREVER to be processed (almost 1.5 years). Then you pay fees, complete the actual visa application (DS-260) and submit a bunch of forms to the National Visa Center. I am currently waiting to hear back from the NVC having submitted all relevant forms. I thought this step would take around 6 months, but I am still waiting... (with USC wife getting more frustrated by the day)

It is difficult to match timings, as there is no expedited US service, so it just takes as long as it takes (My wife wishes I submitted everything far earlier on). Probably best to apply for US visa as soon as you can. Even when your husband has the 'green card' he just has to go to the US to activate it and doesn't have to stay there. He can come back to the UK for at least a year (useful if you are still waiting for UK citizenship).

I would just upload your husband's if his income is sufficient to cover the requirement.  Meet the requirement and it gets ticked off.   Good luck!
My husband (UK Citizen) and I (US Citizen) currently live in the UK but are planning on moving back to the USA. We want to move back as soon as possible but I only have my ILR. We want to start applying for my husband's green card but I also want to apply for my UK citizenship before we move. Does anyone know if we could apply for both at the same time?

Oof, I had somehow missed that. It does make me feel a bit better!

Quick (hopefully 😂) question when it comes to document uploads. The application made me say that I'll upload info about both of our jobs (payslips, contract, etc) but we're actually applying category B as neither my husband or I have been at our jobs over 6 months. My husband on his own makes over the salary requirement, but we were also going to upload my payslips since the start of my job on there because we will do what UKVI says. However, now that we're waiting 3-6 months, there's a chance I may be changing jobs again in that time period. If I do change jobs during the process, even though we're just saying to use my husband's job in the cover letter, is that going to throw things off? Will I need to inform them? Should we just not upload anything about my job since we're doing 12 months of payslips for husband and don't need my income anyway?
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Last post by harcm on Yesterday at 06:35:23 PM »
Sorry that super priority didn't work out for you.   Hopefully they'll review your application quickly.

If it's any consolation, super priority was £1000, not £800.

All the best to you.
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Last post by Mmmkay on Yesterday at 04:39:57 PM »
I applied on May 21 around 5pm and Super Priority was available.  So perhaps try to apply throughout the day?

Best of luck to you!

Thank you! We checked multiple times a day (especially from midnight to 1am) for a couple of days and never saw the option. Unfortunately we had to submit with the standard processing so we could get it in time. I'll just add to the list of things I'll forever be salty at UKVI for and move on with how to spend the £800 I just saved as a coping mechanism.
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Documentation - a few questions
« Last post by Rick Stephens on May 28, 2024, 06:55:55 PM »
Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Documentation - a few questions
« Last post by larrabee on May 28, 2024, 05:11:17 PM »
I got my approval this morning!   Thanks to everyone on this website for their help over the years.

Here's my timeline:

File application:  May 21, 2024 @5pm with Super Priority.  I was surprised Super Priority was available that late in the day.

Biometrics:   May 26 (Sunday) in Luton.  It was a flexible appointment from 9-12.   I arrived just before 9.  There were 2 people in front of me who had appointments at specific times.   They took me first because the flexible appointments have priority.  I was back in the car by 9:15.

Approval:   May 28.   Monday was a bank holiday, so this was the first business day after my Sunday appointment.

Now I can stop stressing about getting letters in the post!

Thanks again everyone for your help.  It's greatly appreciated.

Congratulations!   :)

Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Questions
« Last post by Caz2518 on May 28, 2024, 03:41:29 PM »
Congratulations !!!  I'm very pleased for you.  Time to pause and relax for a bit   :D
Visas & Citizenship / Re: ILR Questions
« Last post by harcm on May 28, 2024, 03:39:30 PM »
Caz, just letting you know my appointment on Sunday went fine and I got my approval email today (Tuesday), the first business day after my Sunday appointment.

Thanks again for your help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10