Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What did you walk down the aisle to?  (Read 4552 times)

• Liked: 0
What did you walk down the aisle to?
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
I figured out our first dance song, (Lucky by Jason Mraz) but am really undecided on the walk down the aisle song.  I don't want the traditional wedding march.  I was thinking I would walk 500 miles, but its not quite appropriate.  Or perhasps Yours Alone from Hearless?

• unabridged opinions
  • Liked: 1
Re: What did you walk down the aisle to?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
Uh, well, this is probably a sign of my questionable personal taste but we walked down to Radiohead's "True Love Waits" and "Karmapolice" (long walk, a few people! It was TLW by the time it was my turn), put to piano by Chris O'Riley.

We walked "back" to the tune of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy theme tune. Laughter ensued.

I wanted to walk down to Eel's "Goddamn Right it's a Beautiful Day", but my grandmother would probably have fainted. As it was, the "adults" were wondering why all of the "kids" were humming along with what they thought was random piano music. Our UK friends LOVED the Hitchhiker's theme though, so much giggling and a bit of applause. :)

• Mouse Hunting
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
I walked down to an obscure instrumental song (Halcyon Beautiful Days) by a Japanese band called Mono, but we departed the aisle together to Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl".

A friend in high school used to want to walk down the aisle to the Beatle's "Here Comes The Sun", and I always thought that would be really lovely.
Dated long distance: 2000-2005
Married: May 2005
Both lived stateside: 2005-2008
Moved to the UK/FLR: May 2008
ILR: May 2010
British Citizenship: January 2012
British Passport: March 2012

• Mouse Hunting
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
Uh, well, this is probably a sign of my questionable personal taste but we walked down to Radiohead's "True Love Waits" and "Karmapolice" (long walk, a few people! It was TLW by the time it was my turn), put to piano by Chris O'Riley.

very nice!
We had "The String Quartet Tribute to Radiohead:Enigmatic" and the "Strung Out" Radiohead stuff playing at the beginning of our ceremony before the profession started.
Dated long distance: 2000-2005
Married: May 2005
Both lived stateside: 2005-2008
Moved to the UK/FLR: May 2008
ILR: May 2010
British Citizenship: January 2012
British Passport: March 2012

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
My bridesmaids walked down to: Love you till the end - The Pogues
I walked down to:  Forever by Ben Harper

We walked away as husband and wife to : instrumental of Halo by Beyonce

I adored our music and didnt want the normal music.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 04:33:51 PM »
Timeless classic, Moon River, because the lyrics fit us perfectly.  :)

(Also a little nod to my mother who wasn't able to be present - she & I shared a love of the film Breakfast at Tiffany's, the theme song that goes with it, and the desire to see the world.  And no one walked me down the aisle, so maybe my mother did, in a manner of speaking.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:37:24 PM by Mrs Robinson »
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »
We went traditional. I didn't want something trendy that in 10 years we'd be thinking, "WTF did we choose that for?!?"

For the processional, it was Pachelbel's Canon in D. For the signing of the register, it was Elgar's Chanson de Matin. And for the recessional, it was Handel's La Rejouissance from The Royal Fireworks Music.

All of those pieces make the back of my neck tingle!

I do share Mrs R's love of Moon River, though, so we had the DJ play it later on.  :)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
I figured out our first dance song, (Lucky by Jason Mraz) but am really undecided on the walk down the aisle song.  I don't want the traditional wedding march.  I was thinking I would walk 500 miles, but its not quite appropriate.  Or perhasps Yours Alone from Hearless?

If you like I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) check out another Proclaimers song - Let's Get Married.  That's what we used  ;D (it doesn't include the weird preacher guy on the track that's just the video)

The Proclaimers - Let's Get Married
Maroon Passport Club!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
My bridal party and I walked to Jem's cover of Coldplay's "Yellow" (there wasn't a lot of us) and my hubby and I walked together to "Maybe I'm Amazed" by the Beatles.. A nod to my hubby's Liverpool heritage.
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

Wow, I’ve really given up spelling completely today!
I can’t wait to get home and start listening to these, thanks!

• Liked: 163
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
For the processional, it was Pachelbel's Canon in D.

Nice!

I walked down to an obscure instrumental song (Halcyon Beautiful Days) by a Japanese band called Mono...

Thanks for this.  Never heard of the song, but listening to it now and liking it.   :)

We got married on a boat, so for my wife "walking down the aisle" became "walking across the gangplank and going up the stairs", which took place to You and Me by Lifehouse. 

Our first dance was to an acoustic version of Everlong by the Foo Fighters that transitioned to a live version from their concert in Wembley Stadium.  The transition was the cue for everyone else to join us on the dance floor.   :)

• Liked: 31
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
I will be walking down to The Dambusters March (it's my favourite war film, which DF introduced me to) and we'll walk out together to Caledonia by Dougie Maclean. Both will be played by a string quartet.  ;D
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »
I wanted to walk down to Eel's "Goddamn Right it's a Beautiful Day", but my grandmother would probably have fainted.

Most of my and boyfriend's grandparents are dead, and the ones left are very hard of hearing. I'm gonna save this idea.  ;D
2/16/2010 - Met
5/16/2013 - Married! in DC
6/16/2013 - Application submitted
6/19/2013 - Biometrics, application sent via UPS to Sheffield (priority)
6/21/2013 - Package signed for at Sheffield

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »
"Just Like Heaven" by The Cure.

Just pick what makes you two smile and don't worry about anything else.
Arrived 12 Oct 2010/Spousal Visa
Whole new world for a Southern gardener, but I'm very happy.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »

For the processional, it was Pachelbel's Canon in D.

Same here!  :)

Our first dance together, the dj screwed up and we somehow ended up with the Celine Dion theme song from Titanic. Niiiiiiiice.  ::) (but funny 12+ years later)
Let them eat cupcakes!

Officially Britishly since August 2013

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab