Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Honeymooning From the UK  (Read 774 times)

• Adventures in England
  • Liked: 0
Honeymooning From the UK
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »
I hope this is the right place to put this.  The husband and I have been married for over a year now (but had our full out wedding celebration about 2 months ago) and now we are looking to go on a honeymoon.  We are looking at somewhere in the Caribbean (originally had looked at Mauritias, but it's a bit out of our price range, have been looking into Barbados).  Ideally we would like a 7 night (at least), all inclusive, and at least a 4 star hotel.  So far I have found the best deals on Co-op Holidays, but wondering if there are better sites to look at?  Should we talk to a travel agent?  I've never booked a trip like this before and am feeling a little lost, we've been saving up for this for awhile and I just want the best value for our money. 
www.mylifeismediocre.wordpress.com
*ILR Granted!*

ILR Granted-23/02/2013

• I miss people no matter where I live
Re: Honeymooning From the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
My husband and I married and honeymooned in Barbados and we got a terrific deal at expedia.co.uk. I believe we only paid £2,000 for the week and stayed at a terrific all inclusive hotel (this is excluding wedding associated costs). Depends when you look though. It was 100's of pounds different depending on what days we did price comparisons. In fact there was a £600 difference from the time I looked in July in comparison to the end of august.

Also, if you don't mind, you can look into renting out an apartment as a holiday let there as I've been told that's a lot cheaper than a hotel and you can get a really nice one with a pool. However, that's obviously not all inclusive.
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

• Adventures in England
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
Thanks GibbyGab!  We're looking at February/March time and I think that is peak holiday season.  I know there are some times of the year that are better or worse to go (as far as risk of like hurricane season). 

I've also been told that food is so cheap there is might be better to go half board instead of all inclusive?
www.mylifeismediocre.wordpress.com
*ILR Granted!*

ILR Granted-23/02/2013

• I miss people no matter where I live
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
The food was very expensive wherever we went. We tried a few restaurants and they charged like £9 for a sandwich! Hopefully you'll have better luck with that than we did :).
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

Sponsored Links