Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: how much is the charge for the NHS part of the fiancee visa?  (Read 1386 times)

• Liked: 49
Hello! How much is the charge for the NHS part of the fiancee visa application? Will it be converted from dollars to pounds sterling? Where do I find this section in filling out the fiancee visa application?

On the same topic how much currently is the fee for the fiancee visa application? Will it be converted from dollars to pounds sterling as well. I am needing to know how much to have immediately in my bank acct when I fill these out so I can send the fee immediately when I make my biometrics appointment. Is there a fee for the biometrics?

Thank you so much for your response. Everyone here is very helpful!

• Liked: 4990
Re: how much is the charge for the NHS part of the fiancee visa?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 04:18:31 PM »
It is zero!  This is because you are NOT covered by the NHS while on a fiancé visa.  You will need to take out travel insurance to cover you until you are able to switch to FLR(M) at which time you will pay a £500 levy.

If you do NOT have insurance, you will be charge 150% of the cost of any treatment received.  With insurance, it's 100% of the cost of treatment received.  An outstanding bill of £500 will result in an automatic refusal of your FLR(M) visa.

Nothing wrong with receiving treatment while on your fiancé visa.  Just INSIST on a bill and receipt for payment. 

Current fee for the fiancé visa is £1,195.  This will be billed in GBP to the card you use.  So if your credit card company or bank charges a foreign transaction fee, you'll need to include that as well.  If you want to do priority processing, it's an additional £450.  Biometrics is included in the cost.

• Liked: 49
Re: how much is the charge for the NHS part of the fiancee visa?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »
It is zero!  This is because you are NOT covered by the NHS while on a fiancé visa.  You will need to take out travel insurance to cover you until you are able to switch to FLR(M) at which time you will pay a £500 levy.

If you do NOT have insurance, you will be charge 150% of the cost of any treatment received.  With insurance, it's 100% of the cost of treatment received.  An outstanding bill of £500 will result in an automatic refusal of your FLR(M) visa.

Nothing wrong with receiving treatment while on your fiancé visa.  Just INSIST on a bill and receipt for payment. 

Current fee for the fiancé visa is £1,195.  This will be billed in GBP to the card you use.  So if your credit card company or bank charges a foreign transaction fee, you'll need to include that as well.  If you want to do priority processing, it's an additional £450.  Biometrics is included in the cost.
Thank you so much! You have been so incredibly helpful! Thank you for your time. Do you know the best way in the US to obtain the travel insurance and what I should ask? Thank you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links