Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visa Granted. What Might I Expect at the Border Upon Arrival?  (Read 1531 times)

• Liked: 134
When you come through by yourself, do you enter the UK line or the All other passports line with a settlement visa?

You have to go through the 'All Other Passports' line if not with your UKC spouse/partner, just like KoD said. The wait might be a bit longer but I have never had a problem when presenting my visa.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 248
So with your sponsor you can go through the UK/EU line? (sorry to be dense)

• Liked: 3596

Yes, because you need to go through immigration together as a family, and because your spouse is a UK citizen, you can usually go through the UK/EU line together.

Same goes when you enter the US... you both go through the same line together, usually the US passport line, because one of you is a US citizen.

However, when travelling alone, if you are not a UK citizen, you are not entitled to go through the UK/EU line, because you don't hold a UK/EU passport(and vice versa with US immigration).

• Liked: 134
Just to clarify, you can't go through the electronic UK/EU gates, you have to go to a manned desk.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 1260

Yes because as the others said, your partner is your "sponsor" so you can go with ththe m...but alone, you have to go through other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 210
Lyonara - you are indeed, correct.  Scouser is the correct term.

Once more, I am deeply impressed with the knowledge of this forum, (Big Grin!)

Giggle. I should have clarified that I'm still learning. I only learned about the Sun through this forum, actually.

Scouser it is. Thank you, Blossom. :D Though I call DL2000 my wifey, so I suppose I can get away with calling her my Scousie. *grin*
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 97
Last few times we returned on holiday before we were even married(so Mexico and Egypt) we returned like super early morning flights, landed at 4 or 5. Seeing it was like 99
Percent British holiday makers there was no one in the other passport control and they let us go together in that lol so some benefits pick and choose shorter line :)
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

• Liked: 1260
Last few times we returned on holiday before we were even married(so Mexico and Egypt) we returned like super early morning flights, landed at 4 or 5. Seeing it was like 99
Percent British holiday makers there was no one in the other passport control and they let us go together in that lol so some benefits pick and choose shorter line :)

I think y
 our partner can always choose to go through the "non EU" line with you (like if you're flying into a different country). My husband has done this in the past but I always feel bad because the lines are usually killer. I love when you fly odd hours and get no queue haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 0
Hello guys,

I've just got stage six of the online application to pay and review my answers before submitting it and noticed that I need to change one of my answers. Before there was an option to edit your answers, but this is not visible now. Is there a way to change the answer without starting the application all over again?
Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Hello guys,

I've just got stage six of the online application to pay and review my answers before submitting it and noticed that I need to change one of my answers. Before there was an option to edit your answers, but this is not visible now. Is there a way to change the answer without starting the application all over again?
Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

I answered on your other thread.  :)
I'ts ok to change the answer on the printed copy in pen, if you can't find a way to edit it at this point.

eta, I looked back at your posts and you are applying for FLR? In which case, I can't say for sure but I see no reason why not.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:55:08 AM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab