Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Documentation needed for entry clearance?  (Read 655 times)

• Liked: 0
Documentation needed for entry clearance?
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:47:30 AM »
I am going to be applying for entry clearance to the uk once I receive my work permit.
Can anyone tell me what documents I will need?

I was reading on the  britainusa website and it said this:

ADVICE FOR APPLICANTS

It is your responsibility to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that you meet all the criteria of the category under which you are applying. Therefore, it is in your interest to ensure that you are fully prepared before submitting an application. An Entry Clearance officer will base their decision to issue or refuse on the documents you submit.

Please not that the application processing fee is non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of your application.

Documentary Requirements

1) Online application

2) Passport (note: It should be the original document and have ample validity)

3) One passport size photograph (Click here for example)

4) The original work permit

I have read other places that I need my birth certificate and bank statements?

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Documentation needed for entry clearance?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:47:20 AM »
I had my passport, letter from the Home Office and that was basically all that was needed.  I had bank statements, my teaching credential and every piece of paper that I thought they'd want to see.  I don't remember them asking me for any of it.  The work permit is the hard part, the EC is a snap.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:58 AM »
I did my EC in person at the Los Angeles consulate, and like Kristi said, it was dead easy. I had bank statements, licences (work related), divorce paperwork (as I was formerly married to a Brit), etc and all they asked for was my work permit.

Best of luck with it. :)
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »
I did my EC in person at the Los Angeles consulate, and like Kristi said, it was dead easy. I had bank statements, licences (work related), divorce paperwork (as I was formerly married to a Brit), etc and all they asked for was my work permit.

Best of luck with it. :)
[/quote____________________________________________________________________

I have heard you get the visa back teh same day? 
Did you just wait for it or did you have to come back?

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 01:54:27 PM »
You get it the same day.  Usually you have to wait a little while while they are processed and glued into your passport.  Maybe a couple hours.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:52:35 PM »
Kitsonuk is correct. My appointment was for 11AM. It only took a few minutes, and then I was told to come back at either 1 or 2PM (can't remember). There is a Wahoo's Fish Tacos right across the street if you're using the LA consulate. I just had lunch and then sat and read my book. After picking it up I was out the door in under 2 minutes.
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:15:31 PM »
Hello All, I am from Kentucky and new to the site, my boyfriend is from Scotland and am racking my brain with worry over the whole VISA process. I am nearly ready to apply for the Fiance(e)'s Visa and I too worry about what is enough information and documentation to send. As my boyfriend has been unemployed and is only now beginning to work for himself.  He doesn't have alot of documentation to show proof of work and financial records to show support for himself. And we will be living in a home that his father owns with his father. His father and is very leary of sending over a house deed and I am at wits end wondering what to do. How can I reassure his father that it is safe and can it be just a copy of the Deed or Title and a letter with his permission for me to live there? Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about how to go about this. I love the site and enjoy reading and good luck to you all.

A Nervous Wreck In Kentucky,
Appalachian Lady

• Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »
Hello All, I am from Kentucky and new to the site, my boyfriend is from Scotland and am racking my brain with worry over the whole VISA process. I am nearly ready to apply for the Fiance(e)'s Visa and I too worry about what is enough information and documentation to send. As my boyfriend has been unemployed and is only now beginning to work for himself.  He doesn't have alot of documentation to show proof of work and financial records to show support for himself. And we will be living in a home that his father owns with his father. His father and is very leary of sending over a house deed and I am at wits end wondering what to do. How can I reassure his father that it is safe and can it be just a copy of the Deed or Title and a letter with his permission for me to live there? Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about how to go about this. I love the site and enjoy reading and good luck to you all.

A Nervous Wreck In Kentucky,
Appalachian Lady

Your fiance's father can send a copy of his lease/mortgage/deeds and will also need to include bank statements and/or payslips if he's also going to act as a financial co-sponsor, which it sounds like you will need if your fiance doesn't have much proof of his income.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab