Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Experience with CitizenCard?  (Read 1497 times)

• Liked: 1
Any Experience with CitizenCard?
« on: October 03, 2023, 05:29:38 PM »
Hello,
My wife has neither a US nor UK Driving licence and doesn't like carrying around a passport for ID. Does anyone have experience with the "CitizenCard" which claims to be endorsed by the Home Office?
Cheers

• Liked: 1894
Re: Any Experience with CitizenCard?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »
Sorry I really don't know much about this, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

I thought that you could easily get some kind of provisional license from the DVLA just by applying and sending in the picture.  I think my daughter did this when she was 18 so she could prove her age.    You don't actually have to drive but it looks like a license to everyone else. 

A few months back we were trying to rent a flat in Bristol and the landlord wouldn't accept the citizen card but I actually think that was them being stupid more than an indicator of wider trends. 

HTH!

• Liked: 724
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 12:44:09 PM »
Sorry I really don't know much about this, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

I thought that you could easily get some kind of provisional license from the DVLA just by applying and sending in the picture.  I think my daughter did this when she was 18 so she could prove her age.    You don't actually have to drive but it looks like a license to everyone else. 

A few months back we were trying to rent a flat in Bristol and the landlord wouldn't accept the citizen card but I actually think that was them being stupid more than an indicator of wider trends. 

HTH!

That is a great idea. My adult children applied for provisional licences when they moved back from the USA. Just need to prove identity and residence address, all done online. No requirement to ever take a driving test. Nice credit card size picture id.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 06:59:48 PM »
We'll look into a provisional license - thanks!

• Liked: 344
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 06:48:30 PM »

A Landlord in England must carry out  right to rent checks, to avoid a fine or prison. For manual checks, that card doesn't appear to be on the list of documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/landlords-guide-to-right-to-rent-checks/landlords-guide-to-right-to-rent-checks-6-april-2022-accessible-version#annex-a-list-of-acceptable-documents-for-a-manual-right-to-rent-check

https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-right-to-rent-documents/how-to-check

Sponsored Links