Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I have an interview!  (Read 1653 times)

• Liked: 0
I have an interview!
« on: December 15, 2004, 06:14:01 PM »

I am so psyched right now!  I have an interview tommorrow at 3PM.    The company is looking for a product development manager and they think that I would be perfect for the job.  It is a salad/processed veg company about 20 minutes from where I live in a wee little village.  Which means no driving on the motorway!  Thank god as I am not good at the traffic thing here yet!  It is a little bit of a diversion away from procurement, but I have done product development before and I absolutley loved it.  Also, the Managing Director said he loved my accent!  Sometimes it pays to be American and quirky!  I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.  I may be employed finally.  That means a paycheck, how cool is that.  I almost have some of my independence back.  Yippee!  Anyway, just wanted to share with all of you that have given me such support and good advice.  Thanks so much, I appreciate it!  Well, off now to have a glass or two  ;D of wine. 

Re: I have an interview!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 06:17:35 PM »
Great news and congrats to you!!!  It really is a great feeling when they call!!!!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 06:17:58 PM »
allll right!

good luck!!!!!!!!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 06:33:08 PM »
Tons and tons of good luck. Can't wait to hear about it!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 06:36:59 PM »
That is wonderful news! Good luck to you and enjoy your wine!  :)

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 06:48:19 PM »
Good Luck! Wishing you the best!

Helena

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 06:54:24 PM »
Good luck tomorrow.  We're all rooting for you!
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 06:54:41 PM »
That is great news....congrats!    ;) As Balmerhon said..."keep us posted".

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 07:37:36 PM »

Ok, I am mid third glass of wine and I am still sitting on cloud nine!  Thanks everyone, I am so excited!  The DH isn't home yet (working late  ::)) so I am celebrating all by my lonesome.  I can so do this job!  I so want this job.  It is my niche!  Vegetables that is!   ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 07:50:03 PM »
Most sincere best wishes,hope all goes well.

Dave
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 08:46:37 PM »
I think that half the battle is having the interest and enthusiasm, which you certainly do!!!!  It will come through in the interview tomorrow!!

Enjoy that vino and good luck!   :)
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

• Liked: 8
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 08:50:52 PM »
GOOD LUCK!   :-*

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »
All my bits are crossed for you , Rose.. good luck!

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »
So,how did it go?

Dave
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 07:57:56 AM »

Sorry for the delay all, too busy with the holiday thing.  ;D  The interview went really well, considering it was 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Which I took as a good thing.  I have to go back and do a presentation on what I can do for the company on January 5th.  The managing director and 3 others.  Yikes, I just hate public speaking, the whole imagining your audience naked just never worked for me  :o.  The position is more of a trouble shooters position.  They need assistance in 4 areas but the workload of each area would not be a full time position.  They need help in:  product development, costing, purchasing, and sales.   The company is small by comparison to other companies I have worked for in the past.  I think that is definitely a positive attribute.  I know that everyone I came in contact with spoke to me cheerfully!  I like that, happy employees usually equal a happy working environment.  My thoughts are the company is wanting to grow and expand their distribution base as well as the products they manufacture, they are just not sure how to go about it.  Oh well, preparing for the 5th of January!  I will keep you updated.  I am still excited, its an opportunity, which is exactly what I want.  Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab