Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applied for Fiancée Visa before 9th July 2012? How long do we wait for ILR?  (Read 2235 times)

• Liked: 0

Hi ,

Did you solve the same problem?

My wife and I are having a similar issue where we applied for a Fiancee visa before the new rules deadline and subsequently applied for the FLR (M). Likewise with Colours we ticked the box indicating application before the July deadline, the difference is we did this by post. We waited from November 2012 (application sent) until March 2015. When it finally came I didn't realise that the new rules were 2.5 years never corrected the issue.

Directed particuarly at colours, my question is how and to whom do I contact to solve this (i.e. contact no/email) since UKBA is no longer integral. Also how long did it take them to solve the problem and send out a new card?

Thanks

One more question:

If ukba rejected to correct my FLR visa to follow the old rule, can I still apply for my ILR this month since I am eligible to apply for it as per the old rule based on my initial application date before 09 Jul 2012? Is it possible i apply for the new visa (ILR) even the last visa is wrong (FLR)?

• Liked: 2
I think so, if you point out their mistake.

However, if an application for entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain has been made before 9 July 2012 and the application has not been decided, it will be decided in accordance with the rules in force on 8 July 2012.

If they had made a mistake, then it may be unreasonable to refuse under A280B.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:09:34 AM by vinny »
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Thanks vinny.

But it can take a long time to correct it as per customer service in ukba croydon. As per reconsideration, they could reject the request if it is not sumit within 3 months after received the wrong visa. Not sure how long to wait for the result but I should have to apply ILR based on old rule with 20 days. Maybe £1500 will be thrown away. Is there anybody with similiar situation who can share the information?

We were so worried about that happening and in or FLR application I am sure there was a box we ticked to say we applied before July 9th 2012 and parts of the application we missed out because of that and I even said to the officer we are under the old rules right, 2 years to ILR? He said "Yes and see you in 2 years time". So when we got the BRC I saw it wasn't 5 years so thought thats good, thought it strange that it was 2 years 6 months, but as I made it clear at the Appointment didnt think there was an issue, thought it was an extra 6 months to get application in from the point of 2 years, we didnt know the new rules were 2.5 years and then another 2.5 years, thought it would show 5 years on card. Completely devastated. Cant even believe it. So we probably wont make the new maintenance requirements in the future then, but the FLR was judged under the old rules though and the old maintenance rules etc.

What worries me is where it says  you must email BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 working days of the date when you received the permit,otherwise you may be charged for a replacement and will need to apply again. and when it says apply again????

hi,

i am in same situation could you please direct how did you contact home office about their mistake? thank you

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab