Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK passport application online  (Read 308 times)

• Liked: 60
UK passport application online
« on: April 01, 2024, 11:10:38 AM »
Hi all! Long time no see  ;D
I am SO CLOSE to being done with immigration-type stuff. I can't tell you how excited I am.
I received my British citizenship last month, and now I am trying to apply for a UK passport.

The website instructions seem to suggest I can apply online, rather than with the old paper forms. However, when I do the online application, it asks if I was born in the UK (no) but never asks if I am a citizen! Instead, it automatically assumes I am trying to apply for a passport based on ancestry and asks me a million questions about my parents and grandparents. Then at the end, it tells me I have to send one of my parents' birth certificates/naturalization certificates in! This is bonkers! No one in my family has been a British citizen for 200 years.

Has anyone else had any luck doing the passport application online? Am I just going to have to bite the bullet and go get the paper application?

• Liked: 60
Re: UK passport application online
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 04:33:09 PM »
Ok.... I tried again today, and I don't know if I was just being stupid the first time or what. I must have picked something wrong - this time it asked if I have a naturalization certificate.
One hurdle down!  :-X

• Liked: 770
Re: UK passport application online
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 08:50:48 PM »
Even though it gives you the documentation you need to send and on my list of documents, it didn't include my birth certificate. It only said you needed your birth certificate if you were born in the UK.

I got an email after they received my documents saying I needed to send my birth certificate showing my parents names.

After I sent that, I got an email saying they required my marriage certificate showing when I changed my name.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab