Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: November Timeline  (Read 18008 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: November Timeline
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2016, 12:59:24 AM »
Vfs came recommended with the whole process and they do priority not sure if ups does a priority? and after I submitted the application the visa website even recommended to use them. I went with them to make it a smooth process

• Liked: 4
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2016, 04:07:24 AM »
Thank you, everyone. I am so so so glad that we finally made it to this point. And, I am so grateful to everyone here for all of the advice and for a place to come for answers. I don't know what I would have done without finding this forum!

Final timeline:

Spouse Visa (Priority)
Online App Submitted: Oct 24
Biometrics: Oct 27
Documents Arrived: Nov 1
Confirmation E-Mail: Nov 1
Decision E-Mail: Nov 3
Visa Received (Approved): Nov 7

So much faster than I'd ever imagined. My 30 day vignette is for Nov 7 - Dec 7 (I had submitted Nov 14 as my intended travel date). I'll be taking off on the 19th most likely.

Cheers and sending positive vibes to those still waiting!

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 05:21:13 AM »
I have never felt more despair about anything in my life than I have over the settlement fiancé visa process. I am seeking any advice or just someone to just tell me their opinion on what I am going through. I am at a low point right now and experiencing extreme depression.
Been with fiance one year now.
Pregnant with his twins in April 2016, miscarried June 2016. I live in the United States he lives in Sheffield England. We had to be apart during most of my pregnancy. He is a wonderful man and we are praying to get my visa process approved. I am worried as it is taking so long.
Here goes my timeline. Any help appreciated!
Settlement fiancé visa for myself to settle in England. Also include 3 applications for my children(not fiance/sponsors biological children. I do have full legal custody. Biological dad terminated his parental rights. Fiance meets financial requirements as well)

Non priority applications. We used a solicitor, but sent packets off ourselves using vfs 2day service for each applications with ups as the shipping method also included the return shipping labels for each application pack.
August 8, 2016 applications paid for
August 9, 2016 Biometrics for myself and children.
August 16, applications sent off
August 18, arrived in Sheffield
September 2 email stating documents being prepped for entry officer
October 27 out of desperation we sent an email through the government site and got this response "October 27, 2016 an email was sent back from the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service stating our visas had been processed and it would only be a few days before we would know something."
I sent an email for each GWF number out of the 4 emails all said processed and one actually said the keywords it would take a few days to receive things back. These emails were from the ukvi site and not actually from the Sheffield office.
November 8, 2016 no news whatsoever, no emails, no shipment showing movement through ups, hopes are very low and feeling desperate. Is it a bad thing ukvi stated the applications where processed and we still have not had an email from Sheffield or anything :(

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 05:53:16 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum DegsnDevs.  :)

I'm sorry to hear you have had such a tough time recently.

From reading the recent experiences of other forum members I do think it is likely that you will receive your package back any time now.
Unfortunately, the email from UKVI which you are waiting for will only read that a decision has been made, rather than telling you what that decision is, so you won't know the result until it arrives.   

Here is the thread for the August applicants to give you an idea of what to expect.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=88411.0

Hang in there and best of luck!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
You should hear back either this week or next.  There was a massive backlog this summer which seems to have finally been cleared (though not everyone has received their passports back yet).  You're nearly there!

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
My documents arrived in Sheffield today after dropping them off at ups Friday night ! What a wait finally!

Submitted online application: oct 31
Biometrics: nov 4
Mailed out documents priority settlement: Nov 4
Documents received: Nov 9th

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:33 PM »
I hope the wait is almost over for myself and others still waiting. This process has definitely made me appreciate my fiancé more and taught me not to take moments for granted. Now I am just praying that I sent in enough. Do they generally mail you if more information is required? I just keep going through in my head did I send enough, was there something I could have done better. The what if's of this process really messes with you. :(

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
My application was delivered this morning in Sheffield at 8:28 am and no confirmation email yet ? How long did the rest of yours take for the email?

• Liked: 6
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 05:38:42 PM »
My application was delivered this morning in Sheffield at 8:28 am and no confirmation email yet ? How long did the rest of yours take for the email?

Mine took 2 days, others a week or so. Hang in there!

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:29 PM »
It's unusual to get it same day - I imagine you'll get it in the next couple of days, maybe early next week at the latest.

Back in the summer it was taking 1-2 months to get the confirmation email!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 06:43:04 PM »
Anyone else here doing a November priority fiancé visa? Or mostly spousal visas?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
Anyone else here doing a November priority fiancé visa? Or mostly spousal visas?

Fiancé and spousal visas are treated the same.  There won't be a difference in processing time.    :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
We got our documents today, Accepted! We're so happy that we can finally start the next chapter. Thanks so much to everyone on the forum, we couldn't have done it without all of your help and advice!

Once the news has settled in I'm sure I'll be asking for help on the next steps.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:01 PM »
We got our documents today, Accepted! We're so happy that we can finally start the next chapter.

Awesome news! Congratulations!  :D

• Liked: 6
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2016, 07:11:00 AM »
Ahhh!!! I've been approved! Thank you all so much for your help over the last few months. I'm so happy and relieved and grateful!!!

Here's my final Timeline (Priority)

Online app Oct 21
Biometrics Oct 27
Mailed Oct 31
Arrived Nov 2
Documents email Nov 3
Decision Made Nov 5
Visa received Nov 9!!!

Sponsored Links