Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does a decent shipping company exist? US to UK.  (Read 5501 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Does a decent shipping company exist? US to UK.
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
For sure, wherever you get your favourites from!  :)

• Liked: 216
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2018, 05:32:06 PM »
For sure, wherever you get your favourites from!  :)

Ok thanks! Very good to know. With my body type, I have a hard enough time finding jeans that fit me right anyway. I'm 5'4" with thick thighs and an ample booty! LOL! So yeah... I'll be hitting up Macy's immediately!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
Ok thanks! Very good to know. With my body type, I have a hard enough time finding jeans that fit me right anyway. I'm 5'4" with thick thighs and an ample booty! LOL! So yeah... I'll be hitting up Macy's immediately!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I was coming back to say if you have *any* shape at all, stock up!  Trust us on this.  Lol.  The jeans here are cut for a different person.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »
I was coming back to say if you have *any* shape at all, stock up!  Trust us on this.  Lol.  The jeans here are cut for a different person.

Ha ha! Will do! You'd think they'd get it by now that women come in all shapes and sizes. And from what I've seen on my visits there, that is VERY true!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
Ha ha! Will do! You'd think they'd get it by now that women come in all shapes and sizes. And from what I've seen on my visits there, that is VERY true!

I have issues getting jeans on both sides of the pond... I've just had to get belts or wear them high rise that are a teensy bit snug at the waist.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
Hi @MrsMagpie - what company have you decided to go with? I have corresponded with Rainier, but am curious about the others you've mentioned.
Leave to Enter (Spouse): 2018-2021
Leave to Remain FLR(M): 2021-2023

Application Type: SET(M)
Priority/Non-Priority: Super Priority
Online Application Submitted: 13 December 2023
Biometrics Appointment: 21 December 2023
Decision Made Email: 21 December 2023 - APPROVED!
BRP Received: 23 December 2023

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »
Hi @MrsMagpie - what company have you decided to go with? I have corresponded with Rainier, but am curious about the others you've mentioned.

Hi! I also corresponded with Rainier but I didn't get the feeling that they were very responsive or cared about me. Very slow to communicate and I don't feel they've really listened to my needs. I'm corresponding with Robinson's and they have been very attentive, prompt and answering my questions quickly. Their correspondence seemed a lot more organized and professional. The guy I spoke with there is working on some numbers for me. I should have a good idea on Monday. I hope it's a good quote because I feel much more comfortable with them vs Rainier just based on initial communications. A lot of people seem to recommend Rainier but I did see someone in another group say she'd recently had a negative experience with them. Mine has been kind of negative so far.

I think ultimately you have to choose whomever you feel will work best for your needs.  :)

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2018, 03:39:19 AM »
Ahh, thank you! I’ve had a similar experience - not totally convinced I’d like to go with them, so I may have to check out Robinsons as well. Fingers crossed they work out for you, and thanks so much for the advice!!

Hi! I also corresponded with Rainier but I didn't get the feeling that they were very responsive or cared about me. Very slow to communicate and I don't feel they've really listened to my needs. I'm corresponding with Robinson's and they have been very attentive, prompt and answering my questions quickly. Their correspondence seemed a lot more organized and professional. The guy I spoke with there is working on some numbers for me. I should have a good idea on Monday. I hope it's a good quote because I feel much more comfortable with them vs Rainier just based on initial communications. A lot of people seem to recommend Rainier but I did see someone in another group say she'd recently had a negative experience with them. Mine has been kind of negative so far.

I think ultimately you have to choose whomever you feel will work best for your needs.  :)

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2018, 03:57:39 AM »
Ahh, thank you! I’ve had a similar experience - not totally convinced I’d like to go with them, so I may have to check out Robinsons as well. Fingers crossed they work out for you, and thanks so much for the advice!!

Thank you also for sharing the experience you had with them. Makes it even easier for me to look elsewhere. I definitely want to feel as though the mover actually cares about my doing business with them. Matt Bristow at Robinsons has been very responsive and helpful. After I submitted my initial enquiry, I heard back in less than 24 hours. And when I replied again, Matt responded almost instantly. I am impressed with them thus far.
Good luck to you with your move!

• Liked: 677
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
It's really important that the company you choose gives you the terms you want and that you are comfortable with them. It's a stressful enough time/process without having gnawing doubts hanging over your head about your goods.  Best of luck with it - soon it will only be a memory!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »
Matt Bristow at Robinsons has been very responsive and helpful. After I submitted my initial enquiry, I heard back in less than 24 hours. And when I replied again, Matt responded almost instantly. I am impressed with them thus far.

Hi @MrsMagpie,

Did you end up going with Robinsons and has your shipment arrived?

Thanks,
Sarah
Spouse Visa (Priority)
-------
Met husband in USA: 09.2012
Married: 16.10.2017
Online app submitted: 12.11.2018
Biometrics & docs sent: 19.11.2018
Application delivered in NY: 20.11.2018
ECO Application received email: 14.12.2018
ECO "document request" email: 21.12.2018 (email for items already with the scanning hub)
Decision made email: 28.12.2018
Passport received: 31.12.2018
Approved!! <3

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »
Hi @MrsMagpie,

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi,

No, I didn’t go with Robinsons because I ended up getting a better quote from Suddath. They were just as responsive as Robinsons and sent someone out to do an assessment. But I would have felt very comfortable using Robinsons as well. They seemed very reliable from what I could see.

I haven’t shipped my things yet because I ended up having some family issues and so had to put it on hold. But hopefully can get it all sent over in the next month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 8
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »
Hi,

No, I didn’t go with Robinsons because I ended up getting a better quote from Suddath. They were just as responsive as Robinsons and sent someone out to do an assessment. But I would have felt very comfortable using Robinsons as well. They seemed very reliable from what I could see.

I haven’t shipped my things yet because I ended up having some family issues and so had to put it on hold. But hopefully can get it all sent over in the next month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

Thanks for your insight and good luck with the actual move bit. I'm currently waiting for my visa to be approved and will need to have the shipment/TOR ready to roll before I can move over. Should be interesting.  ;D

Thanks.

Sarah
Spouse Visa (Priority)
-------
Met husband in USA: 09.2012
Married: 16.10.2017
Online app submitted: 12.11.2018
Biometrics & docs sent: 19.11.2018
Application delivered in NY: 20.11.2018
ECO Application received email: 14.12.2018
ECO "document request" email: 21.12.2018 (email for items already with the scanning hub)
Decision made email: 28.12.2018
Passport received: 31.12.2018
Approved!! <3

• Liked: 958
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for your insight and good luck with the actual move bit. I'm currently waiting for my visa to be approved and will need to have the shipment/TOR ready to roll before I can move over. Should be interesting.  ;D

Thanks.

Sarah
You can apply for the TOR and start getting quotes while the visa is processing. It's good for 12 months so you get a lil more time with it than the visa! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:26 AM »
Hi! I went with Robinsons and would be happy to help with any questions. My shipment has arrived and cleared customs, we are just trying to arrange a date for delivery at the moment. The movers came in NYC in mid-November, the shipment arrived end of December, and cleared customs less than a week ago. They’ve been excellent all round, zero complaints, very straightforward.

Hi @MrsMagpie,

Thanks,
Sarah

Sponsored Links