Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Absentee ballot...  (Read 1739 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Absentee ballot...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 10:42:45 PM »
I'm from NYC and I haven't gotten anything yet.  Any other new yorkers out there?  Have you gotten your ballots?

pcb

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 10:10:15 AM »
What a miracle!  I step out to the shops for orange juice mere hours before I leave for Dublin, and when I get back home my ballot has arrived!  YAY!   ;D
I am following my fishie la la laa because my fishie knows where to go!

• Liked: 25
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 02:43:10 PM »
What's the UK equivalent of a number 2 pencil?? I haven't noticed any of them, but I haven't been pencil shopping lately or ever.... ::)

• Love Exile
    • stoat
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 02:58:46 PM »
I think it is an HB pencil.
~Emily

"It is one thing to say that our feet do not know they are feet.  It is quite another thing to say that they are illusions."  --Ernest Holmes

• Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 03:02:32 PM »
What's the UK equivalent of a number 2 pencil?? I haven't noticed any of them, but I haven't been pencil shopping lately or ever.... ::)

Does yours say you can use pencil or black or blue ink?

I'd use INK if you can.   ;)

• Liked: 25
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 04:01:48 PM »
lol

I've emailed the embassy to see if they have the answer.

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 08:47:56 PM »
Mine came today too! YAY!

• Love Exile
    • stoat
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2004, 12:11:30 AM »
Voted and sent mine yesterday.  :D
~Emily

"It is one thing to say that our feet do not know they are feet.  It is quite another thing to say that they are illusions."  --Ernest Holmes

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2004, 09:30:59 AM »
Mine arrived monday morning.....and went back out in the post 2 hours later.... It may not help but at least it gives me free rein to b*tch and moan for the next 4 years!  (My not so dear partner and I had one almighty row when he told me I was "wasting my vote".. I did ask him to define just how I was wasting a vote - as if votes should only be for the winner????-, but he couldn't come up with anything... :-X)
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2004, 10:32:51 AM »
Personally I was uneasy about placing my signature on the outside as well as a lot of personal information on the exterior swaer it's you or die ...envelope.. so I just chucked all of it into a big brown envelope and stuck a UK stamp on it and sent it on it's merry way.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2004, 10:42:17 AM »
I haven't received mine yet. :-[

My information pack said my state mails them out 35 days before the election so it looks like it wasn't mailed or the wonderful postal system still has it.

Has anyone used the Federal Write-In Ballot?

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 08:38:42 PM »
what's the Federal Write In ballot.  Can we still get them?  I still haven't received anything from NY state and I sent all that info in when I moved here 4/2003.  uggggggggggh

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2004, 09:04:32 AM »
I just received my NY absentee ballot, pcbnyc- it came on Thursday. BUT after fretting and waiting for it,  I ALSO just found that I have a blank "Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot for General Elections".

Would you like it? If you wanted to pm me your postal addy, I would be happy to send it out to you on Monday! Should still be in time to vote!

Sponsored Links