Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions  (Read 1586 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Applying for FLR (M)- Last minute questions
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »
his items:
Mortgage letter/Statement from bank- 30 September 2017
i can use his bank statements and bank letter from: march1- sept 28th?

council tax 18 aug 2017 in my maiden name
council tax 29 sept 2017 in my married name

joint bank account showing same account number 17 oct 2017

my own uk bank account 17 oct 2017

a prescription in my name with address and dob- 20 jul 2017

im not gonna have nay time to go register with a GP. how long does this usually take? we have to be in holland tomorrow and wont be back til oct 31. his dad just passed away and we are holding  a memorial service in holland, where he's from. our meeting is on nov 6th

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
Also- I thought i couldn't register with a GP until I got this second visa???

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
Also- I thought i couldn't register with a GP until I got this second visa???

No, you can register at any time - in fact, it's a good idea to register as soon as you can after arriving.
If you have a fiance visa, you can register with a GP and get treatment, BUT you will have to pay for the treatment.

You may have already been issued with an NHS number when you got that prescription (did you not register when you saw the doctor and got the prescription?).

When you get your second visa, you just update your details with the GP to show you have paid the IHS surcharge and are therefore entitled to free treatment instead of having to pay for it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:20:06 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »
Okay, so for your documents, you can use:

July
1. You:  a prescription in my name with address and dob- 20 jul 2017
1. Him: a bank statement dated close to 20 July

August
2. council tax 18 aug 2017  - is this joint?

September
3. council tax 29 sept 2017 - is this joint?

4. Him: Mortgage letter/Statement from bank- 30 September 2017
4. You ?

October:
5. You: my own uk bank account 17 oct 2017
5. Him: bank statement dated close to 17 October

6. Joint: joint bank account showing same account number 17 oct 2017

im not gonna have nay time to go register with a GP. how long does this usually take? we have to be in holland tomorrow and wont be back til oct 31. his dad just passed away and we are holding  a memorial service in holland, where he's from. our meeting is on nov 6th

It takes about 10 minutes - you could probably get it sorted today.

You go to the GP surgery and ask for a registration form, fill it out in the recaption area and hand it in, along with your passport and proof of address.

You should then receive a letter in the post with your NHS number on it within about a week.

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
Do I go to any GP? I just go in and ask for a registration form? No i went to an emergency clinic. I didn't get registered.

August
2. council tax 18 aug 2017  - is this joint? YES THIS JOINED. With my maiden name.

September
3. council tax 29 sept 2017 - is this joint? YES THIS IS JOINED. With my married name.

for sept i do have an xray billing statement i had to get done due to an car accident in the states earlier this year. I had to get an xray done in september. can i use this billing statement? it has my uk address on it

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
Do I go to any GP? I just go in and ask for a registration form?

Well, it has to be within the catchment area of where you live, but you can register at any GP that serves your address. Most people register at the same GP as their UK fiance/spouse/partner.

You can find GPs in your area that are accepting patients here:
https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/GP/LocationSearch/4

No i went to an emergency clinic. I didn't get registered.

Ah, okay.

August
2. council tax 18 aug 2017  - is this joint? YES THIS JOINED. With my maiden name.

September
3. council tax 29 sept 2017 - is this joint? YES THIS IS JOINED. With my married name.

It really doesn't matter which name is on them - your marriage certificate will show that you are the same person.

for sept i do have an xray billing statement i had to get done due to an car accident in the states earlier this year. I had to get an xray done in september. can i use this billing statement? it has my uk address on it

Yeah, I should think that would be fine :).

It's great that you've managed to get so many things in your name already - most people who have only been in the UK 4 months barely have 1 or 2 documents they can provide, and so they have to write a letter explaining why they don't have 6.

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
Ok. I just got back from registering with a GP. They said I should be able to pick up a letter next week from them confirming I'm registered OR in the process of being registered. Whew!

And as for the other items great! Ugh...so much stuff to have to provide.

You're right I do have more than what others may have, and others DO get approved by explaining why they don't have all 6 items. I should be ok.

New thought/question- What is your advise on signing. I know I apply in my maiden name, but do I sign in my married or maiden name??? and what about my cover letter and my additional information letter. Should I keep these in my maiden or married?

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »
New thought/question- What is your advise on signing. I know I apply in my maiden name, but do I sign in my married or maiden name??? and what about my cover letter and my additional information letter. Should I keep these in my maiden or married?

Well, your visa will only be issued in the name on your passport, so if your passport is in your maiden name, you apply using your maiden name. But if your passport is now in your married name, you apply in your married name.

For signing, I'm not sure - either go with your maiden name or go with what you feel most comfortable with.

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 04:10:35 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you for all your help ksand24. We got approved and now I can relax for the next 2.5 years. whew! We did it!!! yay!!! xx

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »
Congratulations :D!!

Happy to help :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
Congratulations!

• Liked: 6110