Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Questions  (Read 368 times)

• Liked: 5
ILR Questions
« on: May 04, 2024, 10:30:29 AM »
Hello again,

I can't believe it's that time again !  Thank you so much for all your help in our previous applications, hoping for help on the final lap :)

We arrived in the UK on June 1 2019.

The dates on my husband's BRP :
VALID UNTIL 21-08-2024
DATE OF ISSUE UK 26-01-2022

From reading previous posts I think we can apply from today, May 4th ?   If so, could you please help with the dates required for proof of address documents  ?  We've been saving everything from the date of our last application so hopefully will have everything we need, we will just need to filter it out !.

Also , my husband is now 68, so he doesn't need to take the Life in the UK test, is that correct please ? I saw that it's only required for the 18-64 age group.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Caz

• Liked: 31
Re: ILR Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 11:40:14 AM »
I'm not an expert - I'll be applying for my ILR later this month -  but I will try to help.

This is what I think for the Correspondence dates:

May 2024 (or April if you don't yet have anything for May)
December 2023
July 2023
February 2023
September 2022
April 2022
November 2021

You don't need to take the Life in the UK Test if you are 65 or over.   Here's the link to the gov.uk website:

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test#:~:text=You%20do%20not%20need%20to%20take%20the%20test%20if%20you,part%20of%20your%20settlement%20application

I believe you are correct that May 4 is the first date you can apply.   It's the same math I'm using to calculate my date.

I hope this helps.  Hopefully one of the experts will come along to confirm.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 10:18:13 AM »
Thanks very much Harcm, I appreciate your help .  Good luck with your application   :)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 12:02:56 PM »
Just an update, we completed the application ( over two days ! ) and got a super priority appointment for 19th May. We could have chosen an earlier date but this one suited us better.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 02:54:27 PM »
ILR granted 20/5/24  !! 

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 10:45:42 AM »
Congratulations!  You must have a huge sense of relief!

I submitted yesterday and my biometrics appointment is Sunday.  I'm working on my documentation now.  I'm going to make a separate post with a few questions, but since you did this no recently, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

The document checklist from UKVCAS DOESN'T include the following:

1.  Prior passports for my spouse during the last 5 years.
2.  Land registry document for our home
3.  Marriage Certificate. 

Did you submit these?

Also - they ask for 6 letters to prove correspondence.  I'm planning to submit 7.  How many did you submit?

Thanks so much.   Congratulations again!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 01:03:45 PM »
Yes, definitely a huge weight off our shoulders .

1. We used my husband's ( he is the applicant ) current and previous passport as the previous one had the visa in it.  I also provided mine as the spouse.
2. We are currently renting, so had to provided proof of tenancy .  I would take the registry document anyway...it's best to have too much rather than not enough.
3. We did provide our marriage certificate .

We submitted more than 6, it was more like 12.  The person at Sopra Steria just scanned all of our documents and then she put them in the order they wanted them in on the computer ( even though I had them in order of the checklist ! )

Hope that helps, thank you and best of luck for Sunday, please let us know how it goes. 

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM »
Thank you Caz2518.

For my last visa my husband and I both pad to sign a Consent for the Home Office to verify application information.  The forms appeared for me to print as soon when I finalized the application.

I don't have those forms this time - just the Spouse Declaration.

Did you fill out Consent forms for your ILR?

Thanks again.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2024, 05:39:44 PM »
It was just the spouse declaration this time.  The only other extra was a statement signed by both of us stating where the cash we were using as proof of financial stability came from, as we used the cash route.

Caz

Sponsored Links