Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Failed module  (Read 1110 times)

• Liked: 0
Failed module
« on: March 23, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
I've been waiting and waiting for my grades from the exams I took in January. I finally received the email this morning and to my complete shock-i've failed one of the modules. I've known for a long time that two people failed but nobody knew who it was. Now I know it's me. I can't believe it. I worked so hard, harder than I ever have before because I knew the exams would be difficult and I am used to getting A's. I answered all of the questions and I knew what I was talking about-I felt good about my answers. I will now have to retake the exam next January, after all my peers have already graduated. Also, my next exams are coming up in a month-what a motivation!! (Sarcasm) I already worked my butt off now I feel like no matter what I do I could fail. I am trying not to cry at work  :\\\'(

• I miss people no matter where I live
Re: Failed module
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
:( I'm so sorry this happened! That truly is devastating and not to mention shocking if you thought you wrote down the right answers. Can you get a copy of the exam with the comments from the marker? That will help when you have to resit. Try to do your best for these upcoming exams because even if you failed just the one module, you can still come out with a good overall mark. A friend of mine, failed one module but still graduated with a 2:1. *big hugs*
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

Re: Failed module
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Try not to lose heart! Studying abroad is a challenge and your tenacity for doing it should be applauded!

I would suggest that you access the facilities at your university. Do they run any revision skills seminars? Does your university offer counselling, if you feel it is getting you down? What about talking to your tutor about any feedback received, so you can see where you can improve? And as GG says, it may not impact your overall mark as much as you think.   

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab