Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Incomplete coursework - Visa status  (Read 1266 times)

• Liked: 0
Incomplete coursework - Visa status
« on: May 18, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
Will I be able to stay in the UK to make up for incomplete course requirements (exams, essays)?

• I miss people no matter where I live
Re: Incomplete coursework - Visa status
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »
Do you mean supplementary assessments? Resits type of thing?
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
I was wondering this too!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
Will I be able to stay in the UK to make up for incomplete course requirements (exams, essays)?
It is up to your Tier 4 sponsor institution whether they are happy to sponsor you for a visa for further study:  ask them direct.

For re-sit exams, most institutions expect you to leave the UK, then come back later for the re-sit as a student visitor.  For submitting essays, they may not expect or require you to be in the UK at all.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
I meant essays, no exams, possibly my dissertation. I'm having some .uhhh.. psychological problems- frustration (partly with the uni though overall it's a great school), motivation, perhaps depression. Yes, I should probably speak to someone at school about it but I'm having difficulty even leaving my house. :(

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
Treacle I feel for you. I myself have had clinical depression (treated) for years so I know the feelings you are having. It has disrupted my school and work life. I know the last thing you want to do is get out and ask people (at uni) what you need to do but after you do it you will feel better, not so anxious. No matter what happens know that you'll survive. Which feels like a major accomplishment when you have those feelings. Hope I haven't gotten too personal. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »
I'm not averse to asking for help from my uni but just getting things done - getting dressed, emailing/replying to a counselor, gathering paperwork... is too much work. :(  I'm afraid that if I have to complete my coursework from overseas (though "home" is a really vague concept right now) I will lose interest and never complete it. My original plan was to look for a job here after my course anyway.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Have you spoken with a GP or anyone else for help with potential depression? You might be able to email if you are averse to calling on the phone.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
Definitely worth checking with the uni what their policy is.  To a large extent, their hands are tied by UKBA requirements (on them, as well as on you).  At least you will know upfront what you options are.

Assume you know of suport services at the uni re: counselling, mental health and wellbeing, etc. and have accessed those.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab