Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: About applying for a spouse visa  (Read 700 times)

• Liked: 0
About applying for a spouse visa
« on: April 16, 2005, 03:31:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just have a question which I hope someone can help me with. My wife will be applying for her VAF2 spouse visa real soon. She's in the U.S at the moment and I'm in the U.K. I have all the documents ready and I will be sending them off to her shortly. Just wanted to know is it possible for me to fill in the VAF2 form on-line using the efastrack system, and pay for it using my U.K registered credit card? After which I will print off the form and send it off to my wife so she can then send it to the embassy along with the other paper work which she needs to include.

Or does she need to fill it in the U.S and pay using a U.S registered credit card? Wasn't too sure about this so I thought I'd ask.

If my wife sends off the application and the supporting evidence via fedex to the chicago consulate. How long roughly will it take for them to respond back?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: About applying for a spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 03:51:29 PM »
I can't help a lot -- but I applied by post to NYC consulate. I received a phone call requesting a phone interview within and had my answer within a week.

Helena

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:56:58 AM »
I don't see why the system would have any problem accepting a UK credit card.  The consulate (in New York at least) uses a system called WorldPay, integrated into e-fastrack.

Your wife could access the completed application before you submit it and print it herself.  e-fastrack will e-mail you a password to retrieve it.

There's a thread on how long it has taken to get the visa and passport back.  In my case, 8 days.

Good luck.
Jim

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 06:24:36 PM »
my hubby paid with his UK issued card there was no problem at all.. he just signed the receipt after and everything was done.

• Wedding Treasures
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 03:28:25 PM »
Can I ask just what VAF2 actually stands for please  :-[

PaulineĀ  :o
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 03:29:59 PM by RubyWine »

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 04:03:29 PM »
It's an application for a settlement visa (either fiancee or marriage).
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Wedding Treasures
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »
Ahh, thanks for that :).. but I don't think I  need one of those - I've really only been out of the country (UK) since last February, thats when I got my K1 visa you see! And if I'm correct, I think you have to be out of the country for 2 years before you have to apply for a settlement? Or am I wrong?

I know I've been in USA for 3 years, but that was on and off, coming over every 90 days etc.  Plus I've not got my Adjustment of Status yet, so I'm not a resident of USA yet.  My AOS appointment finally came through for the 20th May, which is now too late as we had decided to move.

Thanks again.

Pauline :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 04:34:49 PM by RubyWine »

• my name is jonas
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 04:45:04 PM »
hey, we did the same thing!!!  my hubby came over on K1 and had AOS interview last month.  they hadn't got his name check back and probably won't before he leaves.

i didn't realize he may have to apply for anything regarding settlement.  weird.  he's been here less than 2 years.
had a bit of a wobble.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 04:52:05 PM »
The US half of the couple needs to apply for a VAF(2) prior to moving to the UK if they plan on settling in the UK.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab