Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 716 times)

• Liked: 0
HELP!!!!
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:27:29 PM »
I got al letter from the Uk Embassy saying they want a monthly budget from me for UK together with our baby. they also want evidence of more funds i dont have much savings will i be turned down? i only have 800 dllrs in savings. my husband works though in UK and he has savings but they want from me. what do i do or tell them? i cudnt work last year to save anything as i was pregnant!!! help... by the way will they turn me down for spousal visa based on funds coz i have a child?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 07:33:13 PM by happymami »

Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:07:19 PM »
That's interesting!  Normally I would put this down to the presence of the CAC doing an inspection at the consulate - so the consular staff would naturally dot all the i's and so on, but nothing's scheduled for them in North America until August.  Would you care to divulge which consulate? 

Intrigued!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 01:57:29 AM »
That's interesting!  Normally I would put this down to the presence of the CAC doing an inspection at the consulate - so the consular staff would naturally dot all the i's and so on, but nothing's scheduled for them in North America until August.  Would you care to divulge which consulate? 

Intrigued!

OTTAWA, CANADA
i thought it was different for spousal visas but io feel like i am applying for a visitor visa or something. its very stressful.....

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 09:18:21 AM »
Nothing to be stressed about really.  If they want to see a budget, then you would put one together that shows projected income and outflows, and send it in.  Normally, that sort of thing is reserved for the more awkward consulates, like the infamous Wireless Road in Thailand, but they have the right to ask for it anyplace.   I'm surprised that they want to see one in North America, but I don't follow the consulates there as closely as I do for Eastern Europe.

For projected income, I always try to anchor a household budget to the ONS numbers because that makes it objective and difficult to argue with.  The latest ONS numbers are at http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_labour/LFSQS_0105.pdf

In this report, you would go to table 35 and select your region in the UK and use the associated number.  For example, a woman working in London averages £496 per week gross.  Of course, you can top that up with a larger amount based upon your occupation and so on, but in general that's the methodology to use.

Be sure that it has your name and application number on the top, and lists the UK region where you plan to settle.  If you took a number from an ONS table, say so in a footnote.

You don't *HAVE* to do it that way!  Note that this is strictly a suggestion, there are no rules or guidelines about how to put one together or what format to use.  My suggestion is simply an approach that seems to work.  Of course you can do anything that makes sense. 

BUT, if they asked for it, then you would need to do something rather than to simply ignore it or try to argue with them that they are being unreasonable.  If you wanted to go the route that they are being unreasonable, you should get an advisor to make enquiries on your behalf rather than to write to them yourself.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 03:38:10 PM »
thanx garry you've been so helpful i will try my best to supply the consulate with what they ask for but if they still bother melike this i will probably get an advisor then. by the way way my husband works for a peugeot plant in coventry, WM thats where we will be residing also. he makes 1,609/monthly... we sent in his employers letter his pay stubs but they are still asking me for more funds and i have none! is there a chance they will refuse me a visa garry based on "insufficient funds"? i told the lady working on my case over the phone during the phone interview that i will be seeking employment as soon as i got to england.
so whats the problem?

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 06:02:50 PM »
When I applied for my fiancee visa, I put in the application that we don't have any savings. Don't worry, I think they want to know if you can support yourself without public funds. And as long as you're going to work when you get there, I don't see a problem. You can always call and talk to someone about it. I called NY about 5 times.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab