Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New FLR (marriage) form-finances  (Read 1903 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
New FLR (marriage) form-finances
« on: April 23, 2005, 04:26:24 PM »
I've been looking at the new FLR(M) form, and you now have to provide income about finances, even if you already have a fiance visa.  The problem is that it asks about your fiance's income and whether I am getting money from other sources. I am living on my own savings; I showed my bank statements when I applied for my fiance visa, and I was able to get my fiance visa based on that. My fiance does not earn enough money to support me.

However, the FLR(M) form only asks whether I have a job, not whether I have any savings.  I won't have a job when I apply because I'm not allowed to work till I get the FLR. However, I plan to get a job as soon as I am legally able to and someone will hire me.  I find the question a bit misleading, because I may choose never to work again; then again, I may start looking for a job right away and get hired within a month of submitting the application (wishful thinking). 

If I apply in person, will I be able to explain all this, as the information on the application--I don't have a job at the moment and my husband doesn't make enough money to support us both--does not explain the entire situation.  Would my own bank statements, CV, job recommendation letters help? I'm actually surprised that I even have to supply this info, as I thought I took care of the financial aspects when I applied for my fiance visa.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:28:45 PM by sweetpeach »

Re: New FLR (marriage) form-finances
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 05:42:49 PM »
Are you answering 'yes' to anything in Section 3?  Other than your husband?

• York Interweb
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 07:19:56 PM »
No. Neither of us have any dependents.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 08:43:24 PM »
That's fine then. 

The finance hurdle for FLR only needs to consider the next 6 months and not further.  If you have got that covered, you're all set.  If you think it's a marginal case (which I don't), it is absolutely not a waste of time to include your projections covering the 6 months.

You might consider applying by post and save the extra cost of applying in person.  An explanation that you plan to work can be made just as easily in writing.

• York Interweb
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 11:49:36 AM »
The reason I don't want to apply by post is that I don't want to have to wait up to an additional 13 weeks to get my passport back. I need my passport, with FLR stamp, to apply for jobs. I don't want to wait an additional three months to look for work.

Also, am required to provide documentation of finances all over again: co-sponsor's letter, bank statements, spouse's pay stubs and letter from employer? I already did all that with the fiance visa. If so, I'll have to have everything done again, because the one's I submitted for the fiance visa in January are now out of date.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 05:54:59 PM »
Also, am required to provide documentation of finances all over again: co-sponsor's letter, bank statements, spouse's pay stubs and letter from employer?

Yes, sweetpeach, when you go for your probationary visa, you'll need to clear the finance and acco hurdles that they have for it.  You don't need to have all the bits about a relationship like you did in the fiance visa - no photos or email or what-have-you, just the marriage license and the letter from your husband confirming that he intends to live with you permanently, and that he is settled in the UK at the time of application.

Yes, there's some overlap between the fiance app and the FLR app - but they are actually two different things, and it's your first official app to the Home Office.  OH!  Advice:  If you are adopting a married name, use it on your FLR(M) and henceforth on all further apps in the UK.

Your starting date for naturalisation purposes will be the last time you entered the UK prior to submitting for FLR.  Hope that all helps...

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 11:02:09 PM »
Your starting date for naturalisation purposes will be the last time you entered the UK prior to submitting for FLR.  Hope that all helps...

Sorry to jump onto your thread, but my Fiance and I had a question about that.  I'm not in the UK yet (wedding is next Feb so i'm not getting my visa and moving until october or so) but there's a chance that a week or so before the wedding we may take a short hop to Dublin to collect one of the bridesmaids.  Will that restart the clock for naturalisation then?
Maroon Passport Club!

• York Interweb
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 09:10:32 AM »
Slicesmissus, I don't think your entry counts if you don't have your visa yet. Is that your situation?

Garry, as long as we're on the subject. I entered the UK in February on my fiance visa, stayed for a week to give notice, then returned to the States to take care of lose ends. I moved to the UK permnanently in April. When does the clock start for me?

• York Interweb
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 10:03:37 AM »
Another question: I just noticed that the form does not leave a space for savings for either the applicant or the applicant's spouse. It just asks how much money either party is earning at a job, or how much money a co-sponsor is providing.  Does this mean that they are mostly concerned with income, rather than savings? I do have money coming in from a co-sponsor in the US.  The form asks how much rent you pay. We pay £385 a month for a two-bedroom flat in York.  What would be considered sufficient income (approximately) to live on that rent.

Oh, question 2. Fiance works part time, but also earns some extra money (very little at the moment) from his own business.   How should he show that extra money on the form?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 03:30:55 PM »
Hi Sweetpeach, I see you came here the same time as I did. :) I'm trying to fill out my FLR (M) too and I was wondering where on my visa is the Home Office Reference number located? I looked over the section about finances you're talking about and it looks like they don't need any more information about your income, just how much your fiance makes. I would think you could put in your letter that you can support yourself if he doesn't make enough to support you both. Also, if I understood Garry right, our husbands need to provide another letter of support?

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 07:15:42 PM »
Slicesmissus, I don't think your entry counts if you don't have your visa yet. Is that your situation?

Garry, as long as we're on the subject. I entered the UK in February on my fiance visa, stayed for a week to give notice, then returned to the States to take care of lose ends. I moved to the UK permnanently in April. When does the clock start for me?
She will have the visa Fiance visa by that point. Get the visa in October, move to the UK then, go to Dublin the following Febuary. Last time I flew to Dublin they didn't even look at passports on the way back. Therfore the question, if they don't check passports, and therfore don't stamp them. Will that restart her clock for natursaltion.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 08:57:44 PM »
 Doesn't "the clock start" on the date the fiancee visa is issued??  " Entry clearance when issued is valid for a 6 month period and good for multiple entry." (from the Homeoffice website)
  So if you left the country and returned no matter how many times your "clock" would still be ticking from the date your visa was issued, not from the date you entered or re-entered the country.
Only Time will tell.. it's just too bad she's a closed mouth B**!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 09:00:21 PM »
I was referring to naturalization.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 07:52:12 PM »
Oh, question 2. Fiance works part time, but also earns some extra money (very little at the moment) from his own business.   How should he show that extra money on the form?

Sweetpeach, you would add his extra money in on 4.4, put a single amount that represents his total world-wide income from all jobs and pursuits.  You can add a breakdown as an attachment, but I doubt it will be necessary....

• York Interweb
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 09:52:03 PM »
What could we use as back-up to prove his secondary income? Obviously, he doesn't have paystubs. Would a letter do?  He has a web design business and gets paid by individuals who need help with web design, does some tutoring, and gets cheques for ads on his websites from Google, Amazon, etc. He makes very little money at the moment, but the amount he earns is increasing exponentially, which I think is the most important thing when starting one's own business.

Also, what would I consider to be the monthly income for the FLR, as it is really constantly increasing each month?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 09:55:14 PM by sweetpeach »

Sponsored Links