Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Success story, the impossible can happen once in a great while!  (Read 620 times)

• C&S Photo Services Ltd.
  • Liked: 0
Success story, the impossible can happen once in a great while!
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
Hello everyone with family visa worries,

After reading Ange's post I wanted to say allot but don't want to post hijack so I thought I would post a bit of my happy visa outcome:

To everyone being split from family and loved ones I really do hope everything works out good for you, and as someone who has been through the nightmare of UK immigration with my family I feel for you and yours.  I haven't been separated though and thus can only empathize.

My situation was a family situation and involved my mother.  She never over stayed, and we thought she was okay returning to the U.S. and coming back, but it added up to too many visits and an IO informed us as such at Heathrow.  Long story short, she stayed to help with my son after his birth a few years ago.  I had complications after birth (botched epidural and partial paralysis) and suffer from an immune disorder which hasn't helped.  She bonded with my son and we all ended up as a happy family: Nana, Momma, Daddy & Baby.  Unfortunately family does not = visa and every time I tried to find help, more doors and bad news was all we heard.  Many solicitors forgot to return calls, e-mails, you name it as a case destined to lose and outside the rules was a no go. 

I learned anything and everything I could about immigration and was even pointed at looking at a European route on this forum which was going to have to be a possibility for us.  But, at the last minute we found someone who was costly, but not more so than others, and in the end was our Angel.  We spent allot of time in her office, phone, e-mail and it was tiring but worth every moment.  She never gave up on us, or we our case.  My family shared tears, arguments, and were scared.  With her brilliance, her team, her caring, and a clever barrister we were saved.  My mothers app. was processed as a denial in less than a month from the day she turned it in, her appeal was about a month later.  The judge we had was clear, concise, professional, and above all honest and fair to both parties. 

Many weeks later we received the good news we only dreamed of!

Mind you its only 3 years, but the impossible is possible, expensive and stressfull, but possible.  I don't want to give anyone too much hope as nothing is sure in this world and sadly many don't succeed, but with honesty, determination, some study, and those who believe in you good things can happen in this crazy mixed up system called immigration.

I am happy to recommend my solicitor 100% and would provide a link, though I don't know if its allowed so please send me a message and I will be happy to send you her e-mail and or web address. 

Blessings to everyone, take care, and may you never be separated for long. 

~ C
Wedding*Portrait*Commercial: Photography at its best!

• Hubby & I
  • Liked: 0
Re: Success story, the impossible can happen once in a great while!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:14:39 AM »
 Thank you for that posting. Makes things look a little bit brighter. But then again...there is no way I am waiting three years to decide all of this. If they turn me down, and we decide to appeal then that is it. If they say no again, then he is applying to come to the US and we move back here. We were eventually planning on moving back here anyway, just not for a good few years. In the end neither of us wanted to stay in the UK. I have kids with my ex's and even tho we share custody I would prefer for us all to be in the same country if possible...(yeah, applying for their visas would be much the same PITA as this I am guessing.)
 I am glad everything worked out for you in the end, and just imagine...now at least you are able to give support and info from your vast experience!  ;D
~Ange
9/04 Met on-line
11/07 Married
12/3/08 FLR(M) APPROVED
Here on Leave to Remain. Will apply for UKC and get UK passport once I can swallow how much more money the UK Govt wants from me. Or when my US passport expires.

Sponsored Links