Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cludo!?  (Read 1929 times)

Cludo!?
« on: September 25, 2003, 11:02:25 PM »
In our diversing yet similar cultures.  There are many things that are similar yet we have called them different things (not sure why sometimes) one of these is cludo.  Are there other games which you have seen in the UK which are similar to games that you have seen in the US?  And do the rules differ at all?

Also, are there games that you have seen in the UK/US that you just can't find in the other country, no matter how much you try to find them?

Elle told me about this game called *pit* which I've never heard of.  We were going to buy it in the states and then decided that we'd wait a while, or until we came back to England.  Well, we've looked in Toys R Us here and we can't find it at all.  In fact we've looked in a lot of big English toy stores and it's nowhere to be seen.  Have you had similar?

Re: Cludo!?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 12:14:26 AM »
CANDYLAND!!!  We've had friends who were so taken with our Candyland game that they bought themselves one when on holiday in the states.  We gave ours away when our big girls had outgrown it-and were SO excited when we found another one in a shop in Kingston for Molly.  It's a classic.  :)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 02:10:22 AM »
CANDYLAND!!!  We've had friends who were so taken with our Candyland game that they bought themselves one when on holiday in the states.  We gave ours away when our big girls had outgrown it-and were SO excited when we found another one in a shop in Kingston for Molly.  It's a classic.  :)

Mindy, you've broken my heart!  [smiley=cry2.gif]  Oh please don't tell me Candyland isn't available here.

Now I know it will be a good few years before the wee one can play games like that, but I did look forward to playing Candyland with him.  It was my favourite childhood game.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 02:19:50 AM »
I just checked Ebay and Candyland is there.  :-)

Search under Milton Bradley Candyland, because there were a lot of computer versions for sale...

Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 05:31:42 PM »
Oh man, Pit, what a fantastic game. Have you tried looking for it on Amazon or the like?
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 12:23:30 AM »
Oh man, Pit, what a fantastic game. Have you tried looking for it on Amazon or the like?

Yep.  No luck.  :(  I think we'll just have to wait until we go back to the States and buy it.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 12:34:42 AM »
There's a bunch of them (Pit games) on Ebay right now, cheap!   :)
Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

• My little cutie
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 12:47:17 AM »
There are lots of kiddy games that I have not seen here and they must not be cuz Glenn never heard of them till he came to the states.......like Ants in your pants, or Dont spill the beans.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 11:11:46 PM »
In the U.S. we had "shoots and ladders" here it is snakes and ladders.
Never seen the board for snakes and ladders....but i think it's the same.
Then i don't know if it's just me...but i never called "checkers" draughts.

For this christmas, I'm getting my parents the English version of monopoly....I even bought one for myself  ;D  it's just cool to have a different version of monopoly.

Sponsored Links