Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Potential Future Problem with Bank Paper Statements..?  (Read 1362 times)

• Liked: 4
Potential Future Problem with Bank Paper Statements..?
« on: October 25, 2023, 06:47:00 PM »

Hi my wife has recently got her FLR in July 2023

She will be applying for her ILR about January 2026.

I know this is some time off yet, but we have just had notification from our Bank that they will be STOPPING sending out Paper Statements from Nov 1st 2023..!!

For the FLR we used to Scan the paper statements, including the paper envelopes they arrived in in the post, then create a .pdf file from the scans which we used to send in the UKVI Visa upload.

We were advised to do this by persons in UKYankee, rather than just download the .pdf statement directly from the bank and forward this to the UKVI visa upload, as we were told this later method would not be accepted by them.

As we were expecting to need many Bank Statements to prove our address, not to mention a full 6 months worth to show our minimum balance over this period, this is potentially one big problem..

Has anyone else had to ponder this dilemma..??

• Liked: 6114
Re: Potential Future Problem with Bank Paper Statements..?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 06:54:53 PM »

Hi my wife has recently got her FLR in July 2023

She will be applying for her ILR about January 2026.

I know this is some time off yet, but we have just had notification from our Bank that they will be STOPPING sending out Paper Statements from Nov 1st 2023..!!

For the FLR we used to Scan the paper statements, including the paper envelopes they arrived in in the post, then create a .pdf file from the scans which we used to send in the UKVI Visa upload.

We were advised to do this by persons in UKYankee, rather than just download the .pdf statement directly from the bank and forward this to the UKVI visa upload, as we were told this later method would not be accepted by them.

As we were expecting to need many Bank Statements to prove our address, not to mention a full 6 months worth to show our minimum balance over this period, this is potentially one big problem..

Has anyone else had to ponder this dilemma..??

A lot of banks now default to paperless but give you the option to go into your account and turn paper back on. I'd have a look and see if you can do that.
Failing that, give them a call and see what the options are for them sending you 7 months of statements as a one off, when you are ready for them.

• Liked: 50
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 09:39:41 PM »
Just to note, this may come up more and more now. I just received a notice from my bank, Lloyd's that they are moving me to paperless statements and there will be no option for paper statements at this time, but they will let me know if this is available again in future. My process is done now, thankfully, but this could stress out a lot of others working on their applications.
Entered U.K.: 29 December 2017
FLR(M) Applied: 16 June 2020 (Standard)
FLR(M) Approved: 16 October 2020
SET(M) Applied: 26 December 2022 (Super priority)
SET(M) Approved: 20 January 2023
Naturalisation Applied: 8 May 2023
Naturalisation Approved: 25 September 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: 19 October 2023
Passport applied: 25 October 2023
Passport docs received at HMPO: 02 November 2023
Passport application approved: 16 November 2023
Passport received: 18 November 2023
IT'S DONE!! I'M A BRIT!

• Liked: 6114
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 04:35:44 AM »
Just to note, this may come up more and more now. I just received a notice from my bank, Lloyd's that they are moving me to paperless statements and there will be no option for paper statements at this time, but they will let me know if this is available again in future. My process is done now, thankfully, but this could stress out a lot of others working on their applications.

As it stands there are still options. I have looked at my Lloyds account and there's the facility to order a paper statement. Getting statements printed in branch will work as will printing at home and having the bank stamp the statements on every page or providing a letter authenticating them. . Ordering 7 months of statements directly from. the bank is often done. And there is nothing to stop anyone opening another account with a bank which does provide paper statements.
The trend is definitely away from paper though so if it became too much of a problem, then the guidance would have to change to permit PDF copies as people can't provide what they don't have.

• Liked: 734
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 08:39:10 AM »
I just helped my neighbor to apply for and receive a private pension and the insurance company insisted on a bank statement printed on bank letterhead or a copy signed by a bank employee. Rather than travel several miles into a branch he applied online and a week or so later received a paper statement in the mail.  Our daughter had to do the same as her bank is Chase.co.uk with no branches at all. (She was buying a house and an original statement was needed as proof of funds).
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 03:13:07 PM »
Yes its Lloyds bank that we are with too, who’s sent out the email about stopping Paper Statements from Nov 1st.

We’ve just called in the local branch of our Lloyds Bank today and discussed this with them, including why we can’t just download online statements.

Firstly, the customer advisor, who herself had received the same email,  wasnt just sure if it was a complete permanent ‘Turn Off’ of providing paper statements, or wether all we need to do after Nov 1st is to simply go back into your account and turn it back ON..?

She did say if it is that it is permanently OFF, then to call in the branch and they will provide any printouts in the bank we require, with every page stamped and validated by them.  She did say that they would have to provide the printouts. We can’t print them out ourselves and expect them to validate our paper copies, which makes sense.

Sooooo.  It might not be as convenient, but it is a work around.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:35:11 PM by Shy »

• Liked: 50
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 11:43:07 AM »
Agreed, seems Lloyds is having a problem with the company that handles all their paper statements. That company is up for sale, and may not be sold hence going under. But let's be honest, they'll likely not offer paper statements anymore. I was happy to turn everything paperless, after saving boxes and boxes of it the last 6 years.

Either way, what I meant in my above post is that there is no option for paper statements regularly to be sent to you. There are options, as mentioned, to order statements from the bank, or if you have a branch near you to go into one. It obviously delays things a few days or longer, depending how long it takes, but there are options to get them.
Entered U.K.: 29 December 2017
FLR(M) Applied: 16 June 2020 (Standard)
FLR(M) Approved: 16 October 2020
SET(M) Applied: 26 December 2022 (Super priority)
SET(M) Approved: 20 January 2023
Naturalisation Applied: 8 May 2023
Naturalisation Approved: 25 September 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: 19 October 2023
Passport applied: 25 October 2023
Passport docs received at HMPO: 02 November 2023
Passport application approved: 16 November 2023
Passport received: 18 November 2023
IT'S DONE!! I'M A BRIT!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab