Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No Council Tax yet - alternate proof for costs ILR  (Read 1394 times)

• Liked: 1
No Council Tax yet - alternate proof for costs ILR
« on: October 20, 2023, 11:44:16 AM »
Hi there,

Submitted application for ILR and due for biometrics next week. Unfortunately, we moved into a new build property 10 weeks ago, and despite lots of calls to the council, we still have not received our first council tax bill. I'm not confident we will receive before my biometrics appointment either. Has this happened to anyone? Is it best to just explain in a cover letter? The council also didn't tell me which band we will be as it is a new development.

Thanks!

• Liked: 6115
Re: No Council Tax yet - alternate proof for costs ILR
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 12:17:51 PM »
Hi there,

Submitted application for ILR and due for biometrics next week. Unfortunately, we moved into a new build property 10 weeks ago, and despite lots of calls to the council, we still have not received our first council tax bill. I'm not confident we will receive before my biometrics appointment either. Has this happened to anyone? Is it best to just explain in a cover letter? The council also didn't tell me which band we will be as it is a new development.

Thanks!

I would explain in a letter and supply the most recent bill from your previous property to show you were compliant with payment then.

Sponsored Links